• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan going for GM job

Jmac

He's not a name that appears on a list of people interviewing for GM spots around the league, so I don't see why we should give him any serious consideration. Sure it may be unfair associating him with what may not have been his failures, but he's tainted by how bad the team has been.

Best thing for him would be a sideways move to be assistant GM on another team and try and build up his rep somewhere else.

• Pie 1

His name was gaining traction around the league before he joined the staff here. I wouldn't hate the move and he seems to be more on the player evaluation side versus the analytic type guys that have been announced so far.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they give him the job and one of the candidates being interviewed wind up as an assistant to pair with him. Kind of like how we ended up with Evero on staff after an impressive interview as HC.

27 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If they're struggling, I'll do it. I'm a better option than Dan. 

i think the bar isn't particularly high for being better than morgan, but if they can't get anyone else...then dan is the man.

Morgan was very well respected and highly regarded at Buffalo and worked closely with Beane.  It would be a mistake to not give him a legitimate shot at the GM position.  Having said this, if Morgan had any say in the personnel acquisitions that haven't worked, I don't want any part of Morgan as GM.  

• Pie 1

Just now, jtm said:

Morgan was very well respected and highly regarded at Buffalo and worked closely with Beane 

I keep seeing this but what has he done, everything written about him just seems like general speak.  Nothing specific, I mean all you are hearing about with fitt is that he was well liked, uh so what he was terrible at his actual job.  I dont care if morgan is well liked, can he do the job?  

If someone has an article or tweet or anything about morgan and his tenure other then in charlotte, this would be the thread to post it

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Seriously, every single scout for the Carolina Panthers should be fired this offseason.

Every. Single. One. 

I get it--and agree.  But if they were presenting solid advice--like maybe, for example, they suggested Stroud over Young....It is hypothetical, but I am for the house cleaning; I just have seen too many toxic organizations get overhauled when the man at the top was the problem--you are probably right, but I try to consider things I may not understand from the outside looking in. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I keep seeing this but what has he done, everything written about him just seems like general speak.  Nothing specific, I mean all you are hearing about with fitt is that he was well liked, uh so what he was terrible at his actual job.  I dont care if morgan is well liked, can he do the job?  

If someone has an article or tweet or anything about morgan and his tenure other then in charlotte, this would be the thread to post it

I've worked with lots of people that it's hard not to like them...until you have to evaluate their actual abilities and performance in their job. Then you want the ass hats gone because they are always screwing up or not pulling their weight.