• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston talent

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Houston had the #2 pick in the draft. Unless you're telling me their roster changed overnight then you may have a point.

Stroud>Bryce stop trying to find excuses to why one is better than the other. We call that coping.

Anyone who watches the games can see the clear difference in arm talent between the two QBs.

I mean, people can say what they want. What I don't understand is why some of you are acting like they aren't a more talented team over all, particularly on offense. Both can be true: Stroud is better, but their other players are better as well.

I scoff at the person that doesn't acknowledge that Nico Collins is an excellent receiver. Dude runs great routes and gets open. And Tank Dell is on IR. Their TEs are legitimately competitive. They're just the better team. Stroud and his delivery of the rock, as well as excellent coaching, just makes it work.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, people can say what they want. What I don't understand is why some of you are acting like they aren't a more talented team over all, particularly on offense. Both can be true: Stroud is better, but their other players are better as well.

I scoff at the person that doesn't acknowledge that Nico Collins is an excellent receiver. Dude runs great routes and gets open. And Tank Dell is on IR. Their TEs are legitimately competitive. They're just the better team. Stroud and his delivery of the rock, as well as excellent coaching, just makes it work.

Where you saying this before the season?

Easy to say this now. Before the season most thought the Texans would be one of the worst teams in the league. Hell even I thought the Texans would suck before the season.

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Where you saying this before the season?

Easy to say this now. Before the season most thought the Texans would be one of the worst teams in the league. Hell even I thought the Texans would suck before the season.

I really don't say too much anyway. Experience has taught me, especially as a Panthers fan, that you really don't know what's what until probably early October at the earliest in terms of which teams are for real. I had a strong hunch that Nico Collins was due for a breakout as  this was year three. Robert Woods was that cagey vet, not without some talent. In my opinion Dalton Schultz was a great pickup because he was legit. And I loved the Tank Dell pickup. I'm not gonna lie, I thought that Metchie would flash more, and I didn't expect him to essentially lose his job to Dell. Of course the offense goes as the O-line goes, and Houston's wasn't nearly as bad as was prognosticated by analysts. That's why you can't put too much stock into all their B.S. before the regular season reveals the truth about teams.

Edited by top dawg

Panthers totally got it wrong from top to bottom. I'm on record that the whole franchise should be gutted including the foundation and started over again including rebranding.

Also, it'll be a good day when the word "cope" (and its various forms like coping, copium etc) disappears from this forum. 

After all, we're fans of a franchise that would be relegated in other sports. We have a farm club that doesn't belong with the other 31 and are in denial. So we're all "copers" one way or another.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

Yeah the 2022 3-13-1 Texans were just stacked. Just needed to plug in that QB. Everyone was saying that about the studded Texans roster…

They had a very nice draft, hired an actual coach, and most importantly, picked the far and away best QB in the draft. 

Losing the number 1 pick in week 18 was the best thing that could have happened to that franchise. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Anyone that honestly thinks the texans team in the playoffs today has way better receivers than the panthers please look at the names lined up and look at the stats prior to stroud.  Stroud took bench warmer wrs and giving them 100 plus yard games ever week.  Dell was their star and he goes down and stroud makes the next guy up a star.  Dell was also a rookie 3rd rounder a great qb makes everyon better.   Young kills careers around him same as clausen and wienke

• Pie 5
  • Poo 3

more than one thing can be true 

some huddlers are colin cowherd with their narrow minded takes 

stroud is obviously better. but he also would not have made the playoffs or had that season here. carolina had organizational rot. Houston hired a great coaching staff and had good receivers. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, FugginPoo said:

Bryce would love to have Larry Tunsil at LT over what he has along with good receivers and TE.  No way to compare these guys yet

Sure there is. Bryce misses receivers when they are wide open, routinely fails to even attempt NFL-open passes, and has the worst stats a full-season QB has had for this team since Chris Weinke. What more do I need to see? Good players elevate those around them, and he hasn't.

Edited by TN05
  • Pie 5

6 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Sure there is. Bryce misses receivers when they are wide open, routinely fails to even attempt NFL-open passes, and has the worst stats a full-season QB has had for this team since Chris Weinke. What more do I need to see? Good players elevate those around them, and he hasn't.

Tom Brady misses wide open receivers. Stroud missed a bunch against the Panthers. Every QB ever in history has. 

There’s a world where Bryce improves his footwork and looks really good in 1-2 seasons. We can’t change the past. We aren’t having Stroud here. No one disagrees that we should have taken Stroud. But Bryce wasn’t Zach Wilson or Darnold bad. his problems are very fivable. it’s up to him to fix 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Of course they are way better top to bottom in the organization.  Thinking Stroud comes here and does this in Carolina this year is asinine 

This, 

People are crazy to think Stroud would do this with the Panthers roster and bad coaching and scheme. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1