• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Definitely Chose the Wrong QB

Calboyz13

4 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

It’s incredible all the money and “analytics” that goes into this bullshit just to bear witness to us outsmarting ourselves. The choice was so blatantly obvious to take Stroud. 

It just reeks of Tepper trying to put his “I’m a genius” stamp on the team by taking Young. In order for Young to be worth the trade he literally has to be THE statistical outlier for a QB his size and needs to be damn close to a hall of famer.

On size alone he should have been out of the discussion for the fuging #1 overall pick. I dont want to hear any BS about his combine weight and wilson or murray are the same "size". All were false then and false now. Byce needed to walk on water to over come his limited size. He didnt throw at the combine or pro day, that should have told the remaining believer "wait he doesnt want to compete??". Right then if he threw under the same conditions along with levis or stroud, it would caused him to drop. The think tank should have went to him/agent and say " we are not drafting someone whos scared to compete " " hes got to throw at the combine ". 

Just a massive fcuk up. 

Edited by Basbear

23 hours ago, MtnJax said:

Stroud wouldn’t have looked like the ROY on this poo sandwich of a team this year

Does his offense really look that much better on paper? The Rookie Dell had a hell of a year but obviously Stroud can perform without him as he’s done for several weeks now. Their run game is decent but Hubbard has been decent for us. There’s no excuse for how poorly Bryce has played but this is exacerbated by how stellar Stroud has looked. We took the wrong guy. 

• Pie 2

Theres not one person at the start of the year thought the texans had more talent. Period. For a good part of the season texans had 4 OL backups starting each week. 

Stroud did what everyone hoped young would do, he elevated the team to new highs. I honestly think byce took the panthers down the depths more, dalton would have gotten at least 5 wins and boosted the WR and TE receiving yards/TDs. Given byce is still the QB, I believe that going to make siging FA WR/TE much harder, no matter the $$$$$. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Basbear said:

On size alone he should have been out of the discussion for the fuging #1 overall pick. I dont want to hear any BS about his combine weight and wilson or murray are the same "size". All were false then and false now. Byce needed to walk on water to over come his limited size. He didnt throw at the combine or pro day, that should have told the remaining believer "wait he doesnt want to compete??". Right then if he threw under the same conditions along with levis or stroud, it would caused him to drop. The think tank should have went to him/agent and say " we are not drafting someone whos scared to compete " " hes got to throw at the combine ". 

Just a massive fcuk up. 

I would have been fine with Bryce at Pick #3 and keep DJ moore... which if he is your fuging target you wait til draft night to get, not trading a historic amount of value for the #1 pick a quarter of a year before draft night. To make matters worst, Dj Moore and a poo load of picks on top.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Theres not one person at the start of the year thought the texans had more talent. Period. For a good part of the season texans had 4 OL backups starting each week. 

Stroud did what everyone hoped young would do, he elevated the team to new highs. I honestly think byce took the panthers down the depths more, dalton would have gotten at least 5 wins and boosted the WR and TE receiving yards/TDs. Given byce is still the QB, I believe that going to make siging FA WR/TE much harder, no matter the $$$$$. 

At the START of the year, no. It's obvious now. 

Most panther fans wanted stroud and expected stroud to be the pick from the moment we traded up.

I think people here didn't start changing their opinions until that insane media campaign between the pro days and draft day. With every week we got closer to the draft the media was absolutely dragging CJ Strouds reputation through the mud while propping Bryce up to be an almost messiah like figure who could do no wrong. 

It was only after that media blitz that a bunch of people started changing their minds and siding with Bryce and feeding into the media narrative. When it became increasingly more apparent that the panthers would get Bryce Young a ton of people just tried to convince themselves he was the one. 

I never wanted Bryce.  Stroud seemed like the obvious home run pick. I think Tepper continued to treat this team like a hedge fund and tried to pick the smartest guy and actually out smarted himself.

It was also incredibly obvious Bryce  wooed him with his personality,  much like Matt Rhule did. I thought it was strange how tepper seemed to portray the decision to get Bryce as a calculated one but how he and Nicole acted when interacting with him it seems like they were lovestruck.

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Most panther fans wanted stroud and expected stroud to be the pick from the moment we traded up.

I think people here didn't start changing their opinions until that insane media campaign between the pro days and draft day. With every week we got closer to the draft the media was absolutely dragging CJ Strouds reputation through the mud while propping Bryce up to be an almost messiah like figure who could do no wrong. 

It was only after that media blitz that a bunch of people started changing their minds and siding with Bryce and feeding into the media narrative. When it became increasingly more apparent that the panthers would get Bryce Young a ton of people just tried to convince themselves he was the one. 

I never wanted Bryce.  Stroud seemed like the obvious home run pick. I think Tepper continued to treat this team like a hedge fund and tried to pick the smartest guy and actually out smarted himself.

It was also incredibly obvious Bryce  wooed him with his personality,  much like Matt Rhule did. It weird how tepper seemed to portray the decision to get Bryce as a calculated one but how he and Nicole acted when interacting with him it seems like they were lovestruck.

We should get a pinned post feature here for threads.

This is the one.

4 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

It was also incredibly obvious Bryce  wooed him with his personality,  much like Matt Rhule did. It weird how tepper seemed to portray the decision to get Bryce as a calculated one but how he and Nicole acted when interacting with him it seems like they were lovestruck.

Wentz and Kaepernick and RGIII would be Hall of famers if they were graded on your curve. Granted, the probability that Stroud ends up being better is high, but it is not an absolute

Edited by Ghostofdelhomme

1 minute ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Wentz and Kaepernick and RGIII would be Hall of famers if they were graded on your curve. Granted, the probability that Stroud ends up being better is high, but it is not an absolute

I never said it was absolute man.

Bryce could still be a decent QB because nobody can exactly tell the future.  All I'm saying is from what we've seen thus far, Stroud has been far better.

Bryce has to have a gargantuan leap in year 2 or he's cooked imo. At least with the panthers. The new coach and gm won't have drafted him and won't have that sentimental mentality with him imo. We get another year like this one and we draft a qb in 2025

I've said it once and I've said numerous times...I HATED the move up to #1 and thought we picked the wrong guy when we did. If I didn't know any better I would think Tepper was intentionally sabotaging this organization because every move he makes is a colossal blunder.

Watching Jordan Love today, I can't help but wonder if Bryce would have been better off sitting a year.  So many of the best qbs today did sit for a year, so its hard to say there is no way it would have helped.   I know what some of you are going to say, he was a top pick, he should be ready to play immediately.  But maybe that kind of thinking is why so many of the top qb picks don't live up to expectations.   

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Watching Jordan Love today, I can't help but wonder if Bryce would have been better off sitting a year.  So many of the best qbs today did sit for a year, so its hard to say there is no way it would have helped.   I know what some of you are going to say, he was a top pick, he should be ready to play immediately.  But maybe that kind of thinking is why so many of the top qb picks don't live up to expectations.   

I had this talk with a coworker today who has tons of family ties to college football coaching in the sun belt and he said he talks with his dad and brother all the time and believes the NFL is too quick to throw QBs to the wolves. I know Bryce was supposed to be the most ready but I do wonder how it would have been if he sat for the first few games like Allen did in 2017