• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All We Had To Do...

chknwing

...was embrace the suck.  Imagine if Wilks didnt really try and we finished that year as the worst team.  We would still have all the draft capital and DJ Moore to build around Bryce or whom ever.  I think Reich and company would have felt better because they could in theory, pick another qb if Bryce wasnt the chosen one, the next year.  Wilks is a great coach and he was coaching for a job Tepper was never going to give him, which is sad.  Tepper fugged us like the great glass elevator from Willy Wonka, sideways, backways, frontways and any other ways you can think of.  It just amazes me how bad we screwed up a tank in a year we desperately need to tank.

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Don't care who disagrees, what we should've done is drafted Justin Fields. 

Sometimes the obvious answer is indeed the answer. 

He was right there for the taking!

Why would you draft a CB when we needed a QB at the time smh

Fields with CMC/Moore could have been something worth building around imo.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He was right there for the taking!

Why would you draft a CB when we needed a QB at the time smh

Fields with CMC/Moore could have been something worth building around imo.

Ya damn right.

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Don't care who disagrees, what we should've done is drafted Justin Fields. 

Sometimes the obvious answer is indeed the answer. 

Agreed and Fields was my draft crush that year. We went all in on Darnold like dummies. Fields with CMC and DJ Moore would be a fun offense. The funny thing is Tepper is the one who wanted Fields, but he let Rhule and company make their call. I wonder if that’s why he became so involved this time around.   

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Agreed and Fields was my draft crush that year. We went all in on Darnold like dummies. Fields with CMC and DJ Moore would be a fun offense. The funny thing is Tepper is the one who wanted Fields, but he let Rhule and company make their call. I wonder if that’s why he became so involved this time around.   

That makes perfect sense.

To this day not hiring Wilkes hurts me. Everything was right with giving him a chance. Give him a 2 year contract to prove himself. Keep last year’s roster intact, add Thielen, add Chark. That team at least knew what a first down looked like. Our culture was back. With our brand of football. Our kind of players. Literally everybody but Dave and Nicole were joyful. 

But it was Jerry ball. Traditional beat your a$$ Panthers football. We may not win, but there’s going to be something wrong with you when you leave our stadium. We’ve had losing seasons, but we’ve never been the get right game for other teams. Rarely have we had a guaranteed L. We had stars.

Dave needed Dave ball. Wilks was a man’s man. Not allowed. Weekly meetings would not be pretty. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Not even last year. We should have embraced the suck AS SOON as Cam left. All those years fuggin around with the likes of Teddy, Darnold, and Baker could have went toward rebuilding this godamn thing. We could have already been rebuilt and in a position to compete for superbowls had we done just that. Tepper did the perfect speedrun on how to derail a franchise.

I actually didn't mind Teddy.  Our mistake was that we somehow convinced ourselves that all we needed was a better QB.  TB5 was good enough to get us to the guy, but we decided to start swinging for the fences instead of playing the long game.

And here we are.