• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who do you think that HC is?

Raheem.

He checks the most boxes for us, and though not as flashy/sexy as Johnson, but I see long-term success and a locker room that plays passionately for their coaching staff.

Plus, odds are he keeps Evero who this D also has rallied around. 

• Pie 4

If Brandon Brown comes with Mike Kafka HC & Shea Tierney OC, then that would be a big win & a signal Teppers are giving up football control.

Halaby seems more of a fit as a personal Harvard data analyst to the Teppers who would make the decisions from Halaby presentations. That would make me see the Carolina Panthers fully moving into the Carolina Appaloosas evolution. Hedge fund football at its finest collecting distressed players & coaches.

My money's on Halaby.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who do you think that HC is?

I'm going to be completely honest, I don't have an inkling and don't care.  Tepper is gonna Tepper, so dude will be behind the 8-ball from the rip whoever he is.  This is the most disengaged I've been in any coaching search in this team's history.  Tepper has sucked about 90% of my fandom for this team out of me.

• Pie 6

4 hours ago, Steelo said:

Keep Dalton if he wants to stick around forsure. These veteran dudes might not want to stick around for a rebuild that’s my only reasoning for saying take a late round flyer. But you never know.. hire dependent I suppose. 

dalton signed a 2 year contract. Idc If he wants to be here or not, he signed the contract.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm going to be completely honest, I don't have an inkling and don't care.  Tepper is gonna Tepper, so dude will be behind the 8-ball from the rip whoever he is.  This is the most disengaged I've been in any coaching search in this team's history.  Tepper has sucked about 90% of my fandom for this team out of me.

Which is why I wanted a true alpha HC. Only Harbaugh or BB would have gave us any hope. We need culture changers not yes men who will listen to Tepper.

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

dalton signed a 2 year contract. Idc If he wants to be here or not, he signed the contract.

Oh I completely understand that but under a different regime. Backup QBs are playing all the time nowadays, a competitive team could look to sure up their situation so Matt Barkley isn’t running out there week 15 to try and secure them a playoff spot, or keep playoff hopes alive. Just my perspective. Plus, contract or not I don’t want dudes just going through the motions when you’re trying to instill a new culture and scheme and stuff. If he’s gonna buy in for his little year left, sure I’m with it. But to just cash a check cause you won’t be here next year.. don’t need that

36 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

If Brandon Brown comes with Mike Kafka HC & Shea Tierney OC, then that would be a big win & a signal Teppers are giving up football control.

Halaby seems more of a fit as a personal Harvard data analyst to the Teppers who would make the decisions from Halaby presentations. That would make me see the Carolina Panthers fully moving into the Carolina Appaloosas evolution. Hedge fund football at its finest collecting distressed players & coaches.

My money's on Halaby.

wins moneyball GIF by AskMen

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Raheem.

He checks the most boxes for us, and though not as flashy/sexy as Johnson, but I see long-term success and a locker room that plays passionately for their coaching staff.

Plus, odds are he keeps Evero who this D also has rallied around. 

If Tepper looks himself in the mirror and realizes he should have given Wilks a fair shot, it does seem like going with a guy like Raheem could go a long ways to restoring trust in the locker room. I think he can get us back to our roots and give us someone to rally around. Assuming we strike out on Johnson I'd be more than fine with Raheem.

47 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Would be excited for Canales. He seems like a promising dude

same. he runs the kind of offense that would make it much easier for a QB with a lot of rough spots (run heavy with easy passes) but that is just innovative enough to throw off defenses.  seems like he does a really good job of developing players. not sure how that would go with him being the HC (more of an OC/positional coach job) but maybe it's a culture thing. he seems like a good dude, but so did reich and it didn't help him much. Canales is more of a motivator from the way it looks rather than a (failed) consensus builder like reich was supposed to be. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

My money's on Halaby.

Halaby gives me a bad vibe. He looks like a Daniel Tosh/Andrew Garfield love child that would get us caught up in some sort of investigation with the NFL at some point in his tenure here. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Which is why I wanted a true alpha HC. Only Harbaugh or BB would have gave us any hope. We need culture changers not yes men who will listen to Tepper.

Yup and that clearly isn’t going to happen. 

• Pie 1