• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan named GM/President

Mr. Scot

you can always tell who the newer fans are by how quick they are to hedge their bets in the extreme on something

I remember the meltdown when Brandon beane looked like the front runner for GM.

also congratulations on the Huddle finally installing a poster in a position of influence within the organization

• Pie 6

21 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

According to sources, Tepper captained the search for his next GM along with his wife, Nicole, team president Kristi Coleman, Panthers senior assistant coach and longtime NFL head coach Jim Caldwell and Mike Forde, who heads the search firm Sportsology.

The same people that traded up to draft a 5'6 QB with no arm talent. Benny Hill music should have been playing as background noise during the 'interview'. Good for Dan Morgan though. Being able to tell a narc billionaire what he wants to hear is proving to be a very lucrative skill around these parts. 

Late to the party. Good for Dan. I hope he does a great job. He KNOWS football. Other GMs have not. Hopefully as an assistant he got a crash course in the business. That will be his toughest aspect. As for the Yes Man stuff ... we have zero idea. He was an assistant GM here. His opinions could have easily fallen on deaf ears. Now he only has one man to convince and hopefully can stand up to Tepper.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

What is the opinion in this tweet based on, exactly? Would be curious to know.

3 minutes ago, DrowsyJungle said:

Yeah that's 100% speculation. 

If true, blech, with the fringe silver lining of them understanding his limitations and weaknesses and actually attempting to build to cover for them.

Edited by KSpan

Well, it's interesting.  Thrilled for the legacy, but very curious to see how he does since he and Fitterer were so close.

Look, I wish Dan nothing but success.  We'll see what happens, but I am a little puzzled why we didn't go outside the organization.

Here's to hoping!

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Well, it's interesting.  Thrilled for the legacy, but very curious to see how he does since he and Fitterer were so close.

Look, I wish Dan nothing but success.  We'll see what happens, but I am a little puzzled why we didn't go outside the organization.

Here's to hoping!

Be nice if he turned into our Ozzie Newsome...