• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If they hire Evero or a defensive minded head coach, who do you want as OC?

hepcat

I think the hiring of Dan Morgan might signal that the Panthers want to try to keep the functioning parts of the team together. Evero made cake out of pure sh*t on the defensive side of the ball last year. And he seems well liked on the team. Raheem Morris and Mike McDonald are other defensive minded head coaches in the interview process. 

Who is your pick for offensive coordinator if they go with a defensive minded coach? Some names I could see are guys who interviewed for the head coaching job last year who are jobless at the moment - Kellen Moore and Ken Dorsey. I actually wouldn’t hate Ken Dorsey as OC. He had a big part of developing Cam and Josh Allen. And he knows the read option offense. If Bryce is going to have any success in the NFL, it will have to be in that style of offense. 

Let me say I don’t LOVE this arrangement but, if they get the best defensive coach for the job, we could do worse as we saw last season. 

• Pie 1

Keeping the functional parts together is the last thing he should have done. This is the worst team in the league you clean house if you are serious about changing the franchise.

Tepper is a fuggin idiot. Sorry to be rude, im just tired of these stupid ass hires. He tells the fanbase big changes are coming and he hires Dan from around the corner who he already has a relationship with. Tepper has his yes man. This announcement has kind of ruined my interest in the next HC because im expecting the worst.

People of Carolina David Tepper is really going to leave a shitty legacy behind when it comes to the Panthers. I hate to be negative, but everything this dude touches turns to shitt!

• Poo 2

I don’t know. The problem, as I see it, is if you hire a defensive head coach and your offense is successful then your OC will get hired away and you have to hope you can hit again. I think that’s a bigger deal than replacing a DC in today’s NFL. 

• Pie 1

Why give it a name? Whoever it is will be the first scapegoat on the list like Brady or will Brown themselves with Tepper. There are a lot less mysteries about how the Panthers are run now. It will also be who they like vs who could do a better job. It's not a long term position here now and anyone that takes it is a fool or selling BS.