• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vrabel interviewing with carolina Thursday

jamos14

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

So wait a minute.

AFC South coach has an overall win% of .550

Gets fired relatively unexpectedly because of a disappointing few seasons

Panthers interview said candidate and get hyped to hire the re-tread...

We did this exact same poo last year guys.

We've been conditioned to accept mediocre options as our best choice.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

As much as everybody says it, Tepper is not an idiot.

He wants to win.   Tepper has to have made some self realizations to even interview Vrabel.

And from the way Person is saying it, Morgan is the liaison to the owner now so it won't be like it was  (we will see).

Yeah he is, at least in this regard. Nothing he's done so far proves otherwise, with most every action to date supporting that he knows nothing about football. Until that changes in calearly visible ways dude has zero benefit of the doubt. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

i have a good feeling about Dave Canales. Something tells me this dude can get it done. 

While I like Canales as a candidate as well, I'd feel even better if we had some more interviews under our belt before diving in.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Yeah he is, at least in this regard. Nothing he's done so far proves otherwise, with most every action to date supporting that he knows nothing about football. Until that changes in calearly visible ways dude has zero benefit of the doubt. 

Yea but this isn't knowing about football.  

It's understanding your personality and organization and why it has failed.    I think he's seen where he has gotten in the way.  Otherwise this interview doesn't even happen.   

Not sure why everyone is amped about this. Is he a better coach than what we have had so far? Maybe. But, he's still in the same boat Reich was when we hired him - recently let go. Not sure we are learning anything by making this move. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Knaakedup said:

Not sure why everyone is amped about this. Is he a better coach than what we have had so far? Maybe. But, he's still in the same boat Reich was when we hired him - recently let go. Not sure we are learning anything by making this move. 

It means somebody with options will actually pick up the phone when the Panthers call.

• Pie 1

Not a fan of Vrabel for this particular team. Vrabel is a good coach for a more playoff ready team. Chargers come to mind. I think he might have been a good fit on the Raiders. But no, for the Panthers, he's not the best candidate. The Panthers need to hire a young offensive minded head coach and let him take his lumps alongside the rest of the team. 

But I am starting to wonder if Vrabel and Arthur Smith are teaming up again wherever Vrabel ends up. Not a big fan of that pairing for this roster. 

• Beer 1