• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vrabel interviewing with carolina Thursday

jamos14

3 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Does anyone feel like this is a chess move by Carolina??? I mean, you have Atlanta looking at Belichick so why not have Vrabel come in as HC who knows Belichick best. 

The move could be to force Arthur Blank actually make a decision instead of dragging his feet.

Edited by Evil Hurney

I want Ben Johnson as I want an offensive minded guy so we don't have issues when the person who runs the offense might leave for an HC job.

But if we can't get him, Vrabel is probably my choice, dude is a great coach and I'm still shocked the Titans let him go

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I was thinking Vrabel made a lot sense in Seattle.  

Wouldn't hate it, but man, it would be nice to try an approach we've never done before.  

There's speculation that Dan Quinn could land in Seattle with Chip Kelly as his OC

not a fan of hiring Vrabel, this would probably do it for me. another retread coach that never did squat. another defensive minded coach. rinse and repeat.

I'm looking at the Raiders (I'm a day 1 Golden Knights fan and frequently go to Vegas, also my father is born and raised in Oakland as a Raiders fan) or I'm going with the Rams. I work next to their HQ and their practice field is literally in my back yard.

Never thought I'd see the day, but if Vrabel is hired - I'm out.

• Pie 1

Just now, SOJA said:

Vrabel is my number one choice for HC

Johnson is 2, Slowik 3, MacDonald 4, Raheem Morris 5, Monken 6, probably Canales 7 and maybe Frank Smith 8

further if Vrabel is able to bring in Arthur Smith at OC sign me up. Guy is a good offensive coordinator and there is obvious history and synergy there unlike the disaster that was this season

• Pie 1

Ron was the cultural change guy up there in DC and in the end Dan selling had much more effective cultural change. You know what changes culture the most? Winning. IDK what Vrabel brings to the table on creating an effective offense and he literally just couldn't do that in Tennessee with a more productive QB (1000 less yards in 8 starts and 1 game with 6 passes).

The more I think about it the more it looks like the wrong direction. They need someone that can make the offense work regardless of the parts. That doesn't look like Vrabel to me. 

23 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Not sure why everyone is amped about this. Is he a better coach than what we have had so far? Maybe. But, he's still in the same boat Reich was when we hired him - recently let go. Not sure we are learning anything by making this move. 

Vrabel easily clears the bar of a good coach for me. Let’s not act like he’s had juggernaut rosters in Tennessee. You can make an argument no coach has done more with less over the past few years.

He's also exactly what we need from a cultural standpoint. He’s taken a ragtag group and won games on the road in the playoffs by playing smash mouth, disciplined football. Sound familiar?

• Pie 1