• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Panthers trade Jaycee Horn?

hepcat

The upside is still too good with Horn despite the injuries.  When he's on the field he's fantastic but I understand that's the problem.  I'd rather bet on a man with his level of talent to get healthy a million times over an extra low round draft pick.

Extending him will be the bigger decision.  All depends on what his market value is or what he thinks he should get.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

No cuz if we trade him he will be all pro and never hurt again

this reminds me of a really good running back who was able to stay healthy and get a HUGE second contract and then couldn't so much get outta bed without pulling or tearing some muscle somewhere. 

Traded him and now he plays through those nagging little injuries and even after he lands on his head being tackled.

• Pie 2

Depending on if he wants to be on the team or on another team.... see what can be worked out. I would prefer to bet on his talent because we know what is there, rather than bet on another person we know less about.

In the spirit of TD, stick with the kid - if he wants to be there - and hope he will reward your faith when the time comes.

Horn is an absolute stud and the panthers D looks completely different WHEN he plays… and he’s doing it with a pretty stagnant pass rush. He’s got the DOG in him. He’s a shut down corner who plays the run very well. 

Our turf is the real enemy here. 

Absolutely not. No one is giving anything for him to offset the investment the Panthers did. Even if you’re not trying to offset it, it is not worth a 4th rounder at best to not see if he can turn it around, especially on a rookie contract. The Panthers benefit the most to take the risk and keep him than any other team and see if he can stay healthy.

Does he really have any major value at this point? A 5th rounder at most? For value like that it would better suit us to keep him and hope he kicks the injury bug forever. Its not like we are paying him tons anyhow. I would just hang on to him and gamble by hoping he stays healthy next season.