• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Not so sure about that. I've turned off games because the commentators were so bad. If I have to put it on mute just to be able to watch it, I'm not watching. 

There needs to be a stadium sound only option for telecasts. 

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Not so sure about that. I've turned off games because the commentators were so bad. If I have to put it on mute just to be able to watch it, I'm not watching. 

Chris Collinsworth come to mind.  His voice annoys the crap out of me and he's fugging goofy.  I would rather watch a game on mute before having to listen to him.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I was shocked that was Tony calling the game. He just seemed like he didn't want to be there. 

The rumors have been he put in a lot of work and research his first year in the booth but since then he's slacked off a lot.

I think the funniest part of the broadcast was at the end when Olsen was going off about them having used a timeout at the end to try to get that last touchdown. He was going over all the contingencies and someone in his ear very clearly told him to shut up about it and he went quiet for about thirty seconds. Then he kinda apologized. 

He's gonna be successful in whatever he does. 

50 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Chris Collinsworth come to mind.  His voice annoys the crap out of me and he's fugging goofy.  I would rather watch a game on mute before having to listen to him.

Collinsworth has stopped trying and phoned it in to a degree that, honestly, I respect. 

The novelty of Brady will bring in ratings for a while, but Olsen is good.  I used to like Romo, but I am getting tired of him.  I'd rather watch the Manning brothers butcher a game.  They are great (unless the panthers are playing, then I want the game called, not some stupid interview of what the Rock eats for breakfast).

Edited by MHS831

I'll be shocked if Brady actually does it.   Think since the time he said he would and today....a lot has changed. 

He probably has been sitting back and watching Peyton and all these podcasters do their thing...

2 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Hopefully Olsen can get on Carolinas staff in some capacity.  Maybe as a assistant TE or OL coach.  I think he could work his way up really fast

Why would he do that though, at least at this point? Way less money and way more stress, plus he seems to enjoy being off the field vs on it at this point.

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That is exactly my thinking but I also think people do tune in for the commentators sometimes. 

If not, then why is the Manning cast so popular.  Why did everyone have so much to say about Mick Mixon?

With the NFL and most popular things, you're going to have a certain diehard fan that it won't make a different to but the casual fans or new fans it can make a difference and even if it's only a few percent, that's a lot of money. 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I'll be shocked if Brady actually does it.   Think since the time he said he would and today....a lot has changed. 

He probably has been sitting back and watching Peyton and all these podcasters do their thing...

Isn’t he getting paid like 3 or 400 million to do it? 

Also fug Brady. I don’t want to listen to that cheat. 

Edited by Harbingers