• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ and Chark were terrible.

0kBoomer

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I agree in principle, but there's too many holes on the roster to address every need in one offseason.  If he's a locker room cancer, then cut him, but if he's simply maxed out as a mediocre NFL WR then he can just be depth.

He's had less than 150 receiving yards in two of his three seasons. Cutting him is basically cutting nothing. That's what I'm saying. An off the couch free agent or hell even a UDFA rookie could reasonably replace him. With a new staff coming in he doesn't even have the advantage of already knowing the offense.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's had less than 150 receiving yards in two of his three seasons. Cutting him is basically cutting nothing. That's what I'm saying. An off the couch free agent or hell even a UDFA rookie could reasonably replace him. With a new staff coming in he doesn't even have the advantage of already knowing the offense.

if he's not under contract here there's no reason to try and keep him around unless you just need another body at WR. 

both TMJ and chark are completely expendable at this point and this coaching staff and even the front office has really invested nothing in them. it shouldn't be difficult to at least duplicate their production with joes you pick up off the street or late in the draft or even as a udfa. 

we know these two guys and i think it's enough to see that they aren't really worth the bother at this point.

look elsewhere.

• Pie 2

Chark and Shenault are FAs; I wouldn't expect either of them back.  That was two of our top five guys coming into the season last year. Cutting TMJ would just create another hole leaving only Thielen and Mingo as anything worth counting.  Smith-Marsette may be retained, but if so, primarily for his return abilities.  After that you have camp bodies that were signed to futures contracts.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Chark and Shenault are FAs; I wouldn't expect either of them back.  That was two of our top five guys coming into the season last year. Cutting TMJ would just create another hole leaving only Thielen and Mingo as anything worth counting.  Smith-Marsette may be retained, but if so, primarily for his return abilities.  After that you have camp bodies that were signed to futures contracts.

TMJ is a hole on the roster.  Cutting him doesn't create one.  At least an UDFA or cheap WR gives up a chance at a lotto hit.  We already have scratched the TMJ ticket off and it was a dud.

we frankly need an entire new cast.  Theilen basically a TE out there. 

• Pie 3

53 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I actually think ISM can be useful. Id retain him before giving Chark/Viska another year. Use him that WR3/WR4 speed guy while you focus the offense on your drafted rookie and trying to bring along Mingo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don't pretend to know everything but we should just simply cut TMJ as he is a waste of roster spot. I would take a chance on an UDFA over him just for the unknown and I don't think you could do much worse. Heck, you would probably even come out with more production. Something tells me that TMJ's issues are attitude is crap and work ethic is non existent as well as no competitive instinct to WORK to be great. He is the one guy I would IMMEDIATELY drop he second it wouldn't cost anything for me to clean his locker out then tell him to get the fug out.

go away gtfo GIF

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Steelo said:

I actually think ISM can be useful. Id retain him before giving Chark/Viska another year. Use him that WR3/WR4 speed guy while you focus the offense on your drafted rookie and trying to bring along Mingo.

Agreed.  

Laviska is actually decent when healthy, but so rarely is he healthy that there is little point in keeping him.  

• Pie 2

Could be the case that TMJ was just unlucky to be drafted by this offensive train wreck of a franchise. Best offense was with Teddy. That says a lot. 

A ton of reps were wasted with “Chosen” too. 

Maybe he’s also a guy who relies on his physical ability, and that doesn’t work often at this level. I’m just assuming though. We don’t know how hard he works or not. 

I’m never a fan of cutting high ceiling players like him during their rookie deal, unless they are a locker room cancer of some kind. 

I’d just let his contract run out, and see what Canales thinks of him and if he can get anything out of him. 

Either way…outside of Moose and Colberts rookie year…2nd round WR’s have been ridiculously pathetic for us. 

• Pie 3

On 2/1/2024 at 8:28 AM, WarPanthers89 said:

Let them both go. Adam T as well, he already mentioned not wanting to be part of a rebuild ( it sure why he ever signed with us in the first place if that was his mindset) but we don’t need that attitude on the team. 

Don't think he will be a problem if we keep him.

• Pie 1

On 2/4/2024 at 3:43 PM, Verge said:

A late first-round talent will fall to 33.  While it is very possible that 9 WRs go in the first round, it is probably more likely that number is 7, in my humble and uniformed opinion.  Good read, Natalie.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, heel31ok said:

Don't think he will be a problem if we keep him.

Yeah I couldn’t imagine him being that guy. At the same time if he wants to play for a contender we should just trade him to one and let Mingo play slot (his natural position). 

TMJ has the last change deal with there being new coaches. You let him come to OTAs and TC with the idea that hes nothing more than a 2024 UDFA. 

Among his many issues, he doesnt play STs. For a #4-6 WR that gets you cut most times.

Who knows, maybe these new offense coaches can save his carolina career. I have a less than 1% chance he will be a panther.