• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Introductory Press Conference

23 minutes ago, jtm said:

I understand it but I think actions are more important than words and poor decisions have consequences.  This guy shouldn't be the leader of men when he couldn't even lead his own family a couple of years ago,.  

So, let’s say you are addicted to pron, or punched someone in the face, cheated on a test, were verbally abusive….you manned up (meaning became a better man and learned from your mistakes). This prevents you from leading other men?? I would think that would help you lead men. Hey men, don’t do what I did. I’ve been there. Don’t go down the wide path, but more the narrow path that’s harder to walk on. 

Edited by KBRed
  • Pie 3

25 minutes ago, jtm said:

I understand it but I think actions are more important than words and poor decisions have consequences.  This guy shouldn't be the leader of men when he couldn't even lead his own family a couple of years ago,.  

It would be unfair to punish someone for the rest of their lives for a prior mistake if they are learning from that experience. Obviously, putting out that mistake in the open means Canales will have to show he's earned this chance.

If he hasn't learned and it blows up on our face, it will make Tepper look even more like a fool. For some people, that's not necessarily a negative.

I don't know if he will be a success but his marital past will have no impact whatsoever on his ability to coach and assess/develop talent.

I don't even understand how that's a line in the sand for anyone anyway given the number of controversies so many NFL players have been involved in over the years. If anything even vaguely unethical is off limits for you then you should have stopped giving the NFL your viewership dollars years ago.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, CRA said:

and I think Ejiro nor our new HC have much of a choice about how things are going in 2024.  Tepper paired them.  And Tepper is pairing Jim Caldwell ONCE AGAIN.....to be his eyes and ears. 

I said the same thing.  Nothing has changed regardless of the bs Tepper spouts.  Mr and Ms Tepper are in charge.

41 minutes ago, jtm said:

I challenge you on this...because if this is how you view life you are holding onto many mistakes that you’ve made in the past. Some of the best inventors failed over and over. Some of the best coaches fail over and over. They learn from their mistakes and it makes them better for it. Same goes for personal life. Probably the hardest thing to overcome in todays fallen society. You make mistakes (young and dumb is said ad nauseam for this reason) and you become a better person because of it. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

you are being negative just for the sake of being negative

How can anyone who has watched this unending shitshow for the past 6 years get excited and not be negative when its the same old same old just a different  body or two ?

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, KBRed said:

So, let’s say you are addicted to pron, or punched someone in the face, cheated on a test, were verbally abusive….you manned up (meaning became a better man and learned from your mistakes). This prevents you from leading other men?? I would think that would help you lead men. Hey men, don’t do what I did. I’ve been there. Don’t go down the wide path, but more the narrow path that’s harder to walk on. 

No, that's not what I'm saying.  I think we need a longer track record of being a good dude than 2 years because it appears he was still being a bad dude while he was in Seattle, which was 2 years ago.  It is not like he interviewed to run a local business, the Panthers are a huge, worldwide company.  

I'm a father with two kids and I can't imagine doing what he did and then writing a book about it.  His kids will have to deal with that book for the rest of their lives and don't deserve that.  He's a public figure and it is not like you and I writing a book that no one will read.  It is selfish behavior and I don't like it.  I know it is sports and no one will care as long as he wins.  

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

CRA you are being negative just for the sake of being negative. That's where your mind is on the Panthers (with good reason), but if Canales wanted Evero out then Evero would be gone. EE is not being forced on the guy. Bitch and complain all you want about everything else but EE was the only guy we had who put his head down and worked all season long. He does not deserve to be shat on like that.

I'm just not doing what the masses do consistently around here.....which is in the end justify and defend everything Tepper is doing going into every new season.  I didn't do it last season.  Or the year before.    

if before all the moves were made....I told you our everything advisor Jim Caldwell from the 2023 nightmare would rise to helping Tepper hire a new GM and they weren't going to hire from outside Carolina.....and then the new coach would be assigned staff/coordinators from the 2023 nightmare.....I think most would say that sounds like a really bad plan.   But then it happened.  So now it's good.  

Feel free to disagree.  But that's not negative for negative sake. 

There is literally no evidence that Canales can do whatever he wants. Just a coincidence he had to have Jim Caldwell back right? So much history there.  Tepper clearly had plans for Caldwell, Ejiro, etc before the HC was picked.  I mean, this is Carolina.  David Tepper rules the roost here and 2023 JUST happened.   Right now is just standard fluff talk.  Folks saying what they are supposed to say.   Could Frank do whatever he wanted with his staff?  Dan Morgan leans into some old Panther talk....and now suddenly I'm supposed to forget he was Scott Fitterer right hand man of the worst GMing in franchise history?   I mean Frank and company were leaning hard into the old Panther talk too before last season kicked off.  That doesn't actually mean anything.  We just saw that last go round too. 

this looks like more of Tepper being Tepper and more of the same.  We got new folks attempting to call an O around Bryce Young.  Maybe they will be better at that than Frank.  Still way too much old around for my liking.   New HC deserved better.  He deserved a clean slate and shot. 

I'm not pooing on Ejiro.  I've repeatedly said he was the best of a horrific bunch.  Which is adding to being overstated.  Folks are acting like this is Pittsburgh and we had Dick LeBeau on staff. Especially when it is rumored he would prefer to look elsewhere.   I'm saying he is being inflated to justify Tepper proving things haven't exactly changed here.   And again, Jim freaking Caldwell is the biggest red flag there could be IMO about what is going on still at BOA. 

• Pie 1

I can't tell exactly what it is, but there is something about the press conference that just gives me the warm fuzzies about Dave. It's the expected amount of naive optimism one should project at an introductory press conference, but none of the snake oil. None of the platitudes. I, for some bizarre reason, feel good about this regime.

Also, Joe Person is a tool. Stand up when you're asking a question, prick.

• Pie 3