• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who’s your ‘Dawgs’ on this team?

TheBigKat

I think too many people confuse decent players with “dawgs” because it’s been that long since we have had more than 1 or 2 in 10 years.

Luvu and Brown are just good players- not dawgs.

Steve Smith breaking 3 tackles, running over a guy and to score and then whooping is ass in the end zone is a dawg. 

Josh Norman locking OBJ down and putting him on this ass the whole game is a dawg. 

Deshaun Foster literally running through the entire Eagles defense on a play that took a minute and a half is a dawg. 

Dan Morgan with 25 tackles in the SB is a dawg.

Ricky Manning Jr. with 3 picks in the NFC Championship game is a dawg. 

Jake Delhomme talking poo to Rodney Harrison after just throwing the longest TD pass in SB history is a dawg.

Cam Newton dragging multiple linebackers downfield is a dawg. 

Thomas Davis coming back to perform the way he did after 3 ACL tears is a dawg. 

Luke’s entire career was dawg. 

We don’t have dawgs, we have decent players surrounded by shitty ones

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

45 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I think too many people confuse decent players with “dawgs” because it’s been that long since we have had more than 1 or 2 in 10 years.

Steve Smith breaking 3 tackles, running over a guy and to score and then whooping is ass in the end zone is a dawg. 

Josh Norman locking OBJ down and putting him on this ass the whole game is a dawg. 

Deshaun Foster literally running through the entire Eagles defense on a play that took a minute and a half is a dawg. 

Jake Delhomme talking poo to Rodney Harrison after just throwing the longest TD pass in SB history is a dawg.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Dawg doesn't mean great. It means a fierce competitor. Aggressive. 

Delhomme fit the definition and wasn't a great player.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Temper + Talent off the top of my head

Offense: 

Thielen, Shenault, ISM, Chubba and Tremble. 

It's there but needs to be shown more: Hurst, Mingo and Blackshear. The entire oline except BC and Icky. Ickey might actually be on the fence at the moment(Think Derrick Brown in his second year). Maybe Sullivan. 

The defense has alot more names on it.

Defense: Horn, Brown, Thurman, Luvu, Troy Hill, Franklin, Shaq, Bell, Woods..

Absolute no would go to CJ and Ian, with Donte dipping back between the two categories per game. Robinson was one in college...Still waiting on this. 

Evero's side is not the problem. Our defense can remain in games, hold each other accountable and bully most of the teams we play as is. 

The offense is where we get bullied at weekly. More specifically in the trenches. 

Our Oline is big... can get nasty at times but I wouldn't be too far off saying a couple of our starters play soft. Or maybe smaller then their size is a better way to put it. 

The absolute no would be Zavala (at the moment) 

And Moton is actually a "Dawg"....just not in the same way as the others. He's the exception. He's tough, exceptionally smart, does his assignment, comes to play, very talented but just not fiery. I've become accustomed to watching lineman and lb's yell in his face mask as he stares then awarkdly turns away to walk back to the huddle. Whether this is discipline or altercation scared remains to be determined. As long as he does his job at a high level I'm fine with it. 

But generally, I'd think you wouldn't want more than 2 question marks on your oline. The scheme just made it look alot worse than it actually is imo.  

Franklin and Tremble are good additions to this conversation 

4 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Ickey rookie year was perhaps up and coming dog but Im afraid he was neutered somewhere between February and September last year

I honestly think he thought he'd arrived. He let the positive press go to his head. I was concerned in the preseason when he was laughing and yucking it up in sideline interviews after being treated like a speed bump on the field. The whole organization had that vibe. Oh, this doesn't matter it's just preseason. You just wait until the games actually count them we'll show 'em something. Well, we're still waiting to see it.

I really hope the new crew gets on their ass and lights a fire under them. Y'all got EVERYTHING to prove. You were the worst team in the league last year. You have the worst overall combined record in the league over the last several years. The rest of the league sees you as a doormat and it's up to you to change that.

• Pie 2

99% of These guys didn’t get to the NFL of of sheer talent. They all showed at some point, hopefully, that they’re gamers.  Complacency and loser mentality is a disease. 

The leaders in the locker room set the tone. Coaches set the tone. If players see the team leaders being ok with losing (I’m Looking at you Burns), then it’s a wrap. 

So Burns is supposed to be the leader of the defense and Bryce of the offense…. Yikes. 

23 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

TD playing the Super Bowl after having arm surgery was a dawg!

Mike Tolbert off a screen pass was a dawg!

We need a few players in that locker room who the rest of the team is legitimately scared of.  Some of these young bucks need to be set straight.  Give DB and Luvu a second contracts and tell them they are also being paid to enforce the standard.  Watching Sanders on the Camp Confidential made me think he had the wrong priorities to really be a dawg.  Guess my gut was right.

• Beer 1

This is an interesting debate.  What makes a player a dawg versus a good play versus an edgy player?

For me:

DB is a dawg because you never saw him slack off, he played as hard as he could, made plays and set the tone.

Luvu is a dawg because of his vocal leadership and charisma, his impact plays, and that he plays with his hair on fire.

Chubba is a dawg because he has grown up and has learned to run angry.  He was an offensive tone setter.

Shaq is a dawg because of his hardwork, leadership, and playmaking ability.

Bell/Woods?  They are both good players and leaders.  There just wasn't the production we expected last year, but I think they are definitely dawgs.

You know a dawg when you see him play.  Burns was one in the past, but this year with the contract and injuries, he was looking after himself (can't blame him too much when a hundred million bucks is on the line).  I'd love for JC to be a dawg, but he's not available enough.  Icky?  Could have been, maybe still be but he took a HUGE step back this year.

So where do we need more?  OL, WR, CB.  If we can lock up Burns with a contract (not my money, don't care about the numbers), I think he returns to form.  We need some help with some playmakers, but we're not far away from making some noise in 2024.  No playoffs, but interesting.

20 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Poor Burns.

Not trading his ass for a boatload of picks has only made things worse for the Panthers and for him.

Everyone lost on that, even the Rams.

The Rams dodged a bullet.  They have a rookie who matched Burns production

Edited by csx