• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud defends Young

MechaZain

I wouldn’t expect anything different. Glad they are both friends and have been able to ascend to some of the highest levels of football together. 

Nothing in the past matters though, draft position or college tape. Stroud is much better which is why he’s having to defend Young. Let’s hope Young gets better but this offseason is going to be agonizing with all the “coach speak” about how much better he can be. It’s so much more likely that he’s going to fail. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Good that CJ and Bryce have an actual friendship.  Love that for both of them.

I think it's tough to argue that Stroud was put in the better situation.  Houston EARNED the #2 pick.  They looked like a team years away.  We looked like a team with awful coaching, earned the #9 pick and traded a bag to move up.

12 months from now we'll know for sure on Bryce.  I don't have high hopes, but he'll get the chance.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Stroud already shows so many signs of being able to lead his team. Not only with his great skills and abilities but also seems fearless on the field trusting he can get the ball anywhere he wants as well as going to be an emotional and mental leader of that franchise. He seems like one good dude as well who rose above much adversity. This just backs up even more why he should have been out pick and went number 1 overall. So maybe Strouds team is better than ours, one of them must be. It's just the simple fact that Stroud is better all the way around in every aspect and even has a leaders attitude and does not appear to be timid. I'm so jealous of Houston to find their guy at 2.

32 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Good that CJ and Bryce have an actual friendship.  Love that for both of them.

I think it's tough to argue that Stroud was put in the better situation.  Houston EARNED the #2 pick.  They looked like a team years away.  We looked like a team with awful coaching, earned the #9 pick and traded a bag to move up.

12 months from now we'll know for sure on Bryce.  I don't have high hopes, but he'll get the chance.

You make good points but we easily could have earned that number 2 pick as well if it wasn’t for a few surprise wins that Wilks pulled out. Combine that with trading away our only weapon at WR, having one of the worst offensive schemes in the league which caused our first year head coach to be fired mid season, a blocking scheme which caused Young to be tied for most sacks in team history, and our prized FA big sign “starting RB” being demoted for the season, you can easily see how Houston ended up being a much better situation to be in for a rookie QB. Young didn’t play well, but you cannot deny that the situation we put him in was a compete and utter disaster in every phase around him. I cannot think of a single positive situation around Young on our offense around him last year……not one.

• Pie 4

Stroud is humble and legit. Texans are lucky to have him. He does literally say the Texans GM did a better job putting pieces around him. Mentions QBs being powerless when blocks get missed or players drop balls. I mean the player benefiting from it is straight up telling us and people on here will still try to deny it. For the 100th time, Stroud can be the better player AND be in a better situation. Both things can be true. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

Wouldn’t expect any different from Stroud. He seems to be a good guy. He’s got good influences, both personally and professionally(he looks up to QBs that would do the same as he’s doing with Bryce). 

It’s just too bad I think he’s going to be off when it comes to Bryce. 

Stroud has matured amazingly from the pre draft interviews for now.  He's already a pro's pro, will continue to ascend.

I hope he's right about Bryce, but not sure he has the physical tools to match the desire