• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud defends Young

MechaZain

5 minutes ago, AceMan said:

Golden Tate defended Jimmy Clausen in the past.

Also, Mark Sanchez AND Jake Delhomme defended Sam Darnold before.

spacer.png

Right most will say nothing bad about friends and other players. Going into specific details about their situations is different though. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Right most will say nothing bad about friends and other players. Going into specific details about their situations is different though. 

Eh I think it's still something friends would do for each other. 

Until Bryce looks better it's hard to really have much hope for him. He was put in a bad situation but he arguably made the offense worse, not better, at least compared to the backup.

I don't hate the guy and so hope he succeeds.  I just don't really put stock in what one of his best friends says.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Eh I think it's still something friends would do for each other. 

Until Bryce looks better it's hard to really have much hope for him. He was put in a bad situation but he arguably made the offense worse, not better, at least compared to the backup.

I don't hate the guy and so hope he succeeds.  I just don't really put stock in what one of his best friends says.

Well let’s put it this way. A lot of people on here have stated he is in a better situation (doesn’t mean he isn’t still the better QB for example Mahomes was in a better situation that Mitch), several analysts have stated this as well, and now Stroud himself has said it and we still have people that will argue against it. At this point the only person involved that hasn’t stated it is Bryce himself for obvious reasons. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Pre-draft and post draft the media, some players, and fans all raved and told us how great a QB Bryce was. 

I’ve yet to see it. Even if CJ was on this team and we still sucked, he would’ve shown that he belonged. I haven’t seen the intangibles that people were raving about, nor the play making ability. Still waiting. 

image.gif.152303f8f6590bf07fa3caa8e9103135.gif

• Pie 2

I like how before the season started this was deemed a terrific spot.  Better than Young's. ....and then after the season it was deemed a horrific spot for Bryce. 

I mean, never bought into that hype of the added talent BUT, to an extent, Bryce did have something to do with why it went so bad.....and CJ had a lot to do with why it went so well in Houston. 

I do think Andy Dalton showed a bit of a red flag.  Gameplans were skewed for Bryce.   He is part of the why.  All it took was an old washed up vet and the passing attack was different. 

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

I like how before the season started this was deemed a terrific spot.  Better than Young's. ....and then after the season it was deemed a horrific spot for Bryce. 

I mean, never bought into that hype of the added talent BUT, to an extent, Bryce did have something to do with why it went so bad.....and CJ had a lot to do with why it went so well in Houston. 

I do think Andy Dalton showed a bit of a red flag.  Gameplans were skewed for Bryce.   He is part of the why.  All it took was an old washed up vet and the passing attack was different. 

Because we were so horribly wrong about the coaches. We were legitimately drinking the kool-aid and thinking we might have the best staff in the league and it turned out to be the worst. I really think that's the difference and not that talent.

I don't think we were that off about the players. Burns and Sanders definitely underperformed but we also had guys like Luvu, Hubbard, and Brown who exceeded expectations. I think we can all agree Ickey was a victim of the scheme and the jury's still out on Young.

• Pie 3