• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers fire Director of Analytics(or just AI created wishful thinking)

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

As the Panthers navigate this transition, the impact of Rajack’s work will continue to resonate, underscoring the indelible link between data and the intricate dance of football strategy.

No sh*t, Sherlock.  His impact will be with us in both salary cap and limited draft picks.  What a legacy.  /s

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

who’s been with the team since 2019, has played a pivotal role in game planning, trend analysis, and shaping the Panthers’ approach to player research. This decision comes as a surprise to many, especially considering Rajack’s significant contributions to the team’s strategies and player selection processes, most notably in the draft selection this year.

Ummm...and people think this is a shock that we fired him?

How the hell has he helped ANYTHING?

Seems obvious that he should be fired if he was pivotal in what we've done since 2019.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

You can't measure DOG in analytics.  This isn't Moneyball.  

They throw analytics around like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  While it has its positives it shouldn't be the go-to reason for any decision in the NFL.  Those analytics are the reason the Lions are home watching the Super Bowl instead of playing in it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The analytics of our analytics work over the years shows abject and utter failure in that department. I have never seen anyone put so much work into being wrong so many times over such a long period. 

It's as if he had bought an analysis program that had been compiled to give the exact opposite results that it should have.

The average fantasy football dweeb rookie would have hit on more success than he would have.

He should return some of Tepper's money.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

This smells like Dan and the scouting dept saying “he made us draft those guys”.

This sounds like Dan and Dave seeing that what we had done resulted in poo.

Tepper, Fitt, and Rhule serm like analytics kind of people who would trust that poo over knowing the game and trusting instincts.

Analytics absolutely doesn't seem like something Dan would rely on to the degree that the panthers under fitt tried to and failed with.

Just because Dan was here doesn't mean that all decisions and methods of making decisions the team made he was in board with.

This is what happens when you see a need to change course and then work to correct it.

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Its funny that it lists all the reasons why he was fired as evidence of why he was supposedly great at his job.

I thought the same thing, this could have been a sarcastic article from the Onion.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say whoever wrote that article was a tad overdramatic.

So you are telling me that the fact that Panthers fired some guy most of never thought about didn't "send ripples thru the league"?  lol

Unfortunately, this is what passes for news today.  Hyperbole and getting clicks is more important than objective and analytical reporting.  

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

This came up on a feed for me today.  I have not verified it 

https://fanrecap.com/article-706116/?utm_source=carolina-panthers&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=nfl-mk&fbclid=IwAR0xqmLhpMQSKR5PHHfWlg626spsZ_UYQls9rz3wsaTNS9O_6OdD0-9c4tc_aem_AS6RCGSRdFxlpCbxxHN1pswEAf2liiLsL09zTx2q5yxzB7lQFkDi-7cUUPcAjC0L91Q

In an unexpected move that’s sent ripples through the league, the Carolina Panthers are bidding farewell to Taylor Rajack, their esteemed director of football analytics. Rajack, who’s been with the team since 2019, has played a pivotal role in game planning, trend analysis, and shaping the Panthers’ approach to player research. This decision comes as a surprise to many, especially considering Rajack’s significant contributions to the team’s strategies and player selection processes, most notably in the draft selection this year.

Taylor Rajack joined the Panthers’ ranks in 2019, bringing with him a fresh perspective on how data and analytics could influence football operations. Over the years, his expertise and insights into game preparation, trend analysis, and player research have become invaluable to the Panthers. Rajack’s knack for deciphering complex data and translating it into actionable strategies has made him a central figure in the team’s decision-making process.

Perhaps the most compelling evidence of Rajack’s analytical prowess was how his findings led to a favorable comparison of Young to NFL legend Drew Brees. Through meticulous data analysis, Rajack demonstrated that Young’s accuracy in key areas of the field mirrored that of Brees. This comparison not only bolstered confidence in selecting Young but also showcased the profound impact analytics can have in evaluating talent.

One aspect of Young’s game that sparked debate among scouts and analysts was his ability to throw effectively to the middle of the field. This is where Rajack’s expertise shone brightly. By leveraging advanced analytics, Rajack was able to alleviate concerns surrounding Young’s capability in this area. His analytical work included creating detailed heat maps and assembling statistics that highlighted Young’s precision in short-area throws and over-the-middle passes.

As the Carolina Panthers and Taylor Rajack part ways, it marks the end of a notable chapter for the team. Rajack’s innovative approach to football analytics has undoubtedly left its mark, highlighting the growing significance of data in shaping the strategies and decisions of NFL teams. His contributions, especially in the selection of Bryce Young, will be remembered as a testament to how analytics can illuminate the path to drafting future stars of the sport. As the Panthers navigate this transition, the impact of Rajack’s work will continue to resonate, underscoring the indelible link between data and the intricate dance of football strategy.

This reads like a parody and not a very good one. Why would this guy's firing send ripples through the NFL? Well, I guess you could say the Panthers might suck a little less at drafting but I'm not going to hold my breath.