• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

5 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I have always like Gallup. I think he will get picked up relatively quickly. Only 28. 

Another guy I wanted to draft.  Too many dudes on the Cowboys to spread the ball around to.  I think as a focal point, he would thrive.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Steelers country, let’s weld!

I dont know what it is about him but, I have just never liked him and always felt like he is fake on camera then a real nozzle off camera. I have recently thought the same of Stetson Bennett when I saw him interviewed a number of times while at Georgia. Both of them strike me as the type who would tell someone they meet that "This ass aint gonna eat itself" while potentially reciting cheesy corporate poster motivational picture art quotes as their servant begins the said munching.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

36 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

A conditional 6th that can become a 4th…

I don’t think very highly of Fields but man I’d take a shot considering he was basically free

I agree, why is the difference between value either two 1sts, 2nd, and 4th or 50$ Kohl's gift card that's half used.

Howell, fields, and even Pickett for peanuts......what is going on?? Those guys have real NFL wins, snaps and still awful young.

And here the Panthers sit with young at the wheel..... while those young guns are traded for late round value.....plus its not like anyone has a 50 million salary. Upside is too good even if you're a not a fan..

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

I agree, why is the difference between value either two 1sts, 2nd, and 4th or 50$ Kohl's gift card that's half used.

Howell, fields, and even Pickett for peanuts......what is going on?? Those guys have real NFL wins, snaps and still awful young.

And here the Panthers sit with young at the wheel..... while those young guns are traded for late round value.....plus its not like anyone has a 50 million salary. Upside is too good even if you're a not a fan..

The problem is with how bad Bryce's rookie season looked, you literally can't bring in competition like those guys, particularly Fields or Howell as they both should start over Bryce.

But given the trade and taking him #1, they're forced to go into this season with him as the undisputed starter and ride it out all year if he's healthy.  Even if you said he was the starter and picked one of those two up, there's no way you could justify keeping them on the bench if/when Bryce sucks again.

We can draft his replacement or go after a type of guy like that next offseason, but unless we straight up moved on from him and traded him, we're stuck with Bryce and have to put everything behind him as our guy this year.

And if we end up with the #1 pick next year and there isn't a clear elite prospect, don't force the pick like we did with Bryce, either trade it or take an elite talent at another position.

We're not 1 or 2 years away from being legit contenders unless Bryce pulls a miracle and becomes an above average QB immediately next year.  Build this up the right way, not knee jerk reactions and reaches 

• Beer 1