• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Panthers sign former Seahawks OG Damien Lewis

8 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

I fully expect us to now go C at 33 and WR at 39….its like we’re actually trying to let our young quarterback succeed…crazy concept for most…

A very very ‘Hugh price’ has been paid, and continues to be, for Young

on the flip side, if young flames out, well, the Panthers have guards..no defense, but hey, guards for the next qb

• Beer 3

11 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

How good is he?? 

Just taking notes here. Lewis would be 27 at the start of next season, Hunt would be 28. 

This tells me that Canales and Morgan watched the tape and immediately thought the Oline was problem #1 that had to be solved 

Seahawks fans said he is solid but he's more of a run blocker and he struggles in pass block.

Also said we overpaid a bit, but we are the worst team in the league we have to somewhat overpay to get quality players here.

This is what we should’ve done a long time ago. Build a damn line. It’s about time. If Bryce can’t succeed with talent around him then we better draft his replacement soon. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've already gutted the D so go for it. Song the best OL we can. Trade for Higgins. Give Bryce no excuses. Just be ready to move on if he still looks like trash.

The point guard theory has clearly gone out the window lol.

• Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Manna said:

This is what we should’ve done a long time ago. Build a damn line. It’s about time. If Bryce can’t succeed with talent around him then we better draft his replacement soon. 

No doubt. Last year was impossible to tell with the crap we put to protect him. This time next year we will know on Bryce, no excuses. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

And I'm hoping that it's sarcasm going on when I see people complaining about this.

This is a damn good thing we're doing here. That line has to be fixed and we're getting a couple good ones here.

Im not. I wonder why Houston isn't resetting the OG market??....

Plus are Corbett and christ going to demand trades now?

I just didn't have 150+million for OG on the menu, but its the Panthers.

Wouldn't shock me if young busts mid-season, carales&Morgan canned, and new HC runs different system so they cut hunt&lewis....

There were many other OG signing deal half of what the Panthers were giving out too. Couple center deals as well, in which Panthers don't have one currently. Not one on the 70 or so man roster....

ugh.

Carolina Panthers Primary LogoCARGuard#68

Panthers agreed to terms with OG Damien Lewis, formerly of the Seahawks, on a four-year, $53 million contract.
Lewis joins ex-Dolphin Robert Hunt as the Panthers’ second big interior line addition of the day as they try to improve Bryce Young’s blocking. A 2020 third-round pick, Lewis was a starter for the entirety of his rookie deal in Seattle, but he was hot and cold with his effectiveness. He was reasonably durable, though he missed six games over the past three years. The Panthers are doing the right thing as they try to right the wrongs of Young’s awful rookie supporting cast.
  • Pie 1