• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jadeveon Clowney visiting Panthers

Grab Clowney or Young and grab Chop Robinson at 33. Xavier Leggette at 39. 

Brown-Tuttle-Robinson 

Chop-Jewell-Thompson-Clowney

Vs. 

Brown-Tuttle-Williams

Burns-Kamu-Luvu-Houston 

Run defense upgraded...a drop off in pass rush but we'd still get pressure. 

On 3/13/2024 at 10:56 AM, CardiacCat said:

No team/owner/headcoach/player will EVER go into a new season with the intention to "tank".  There is just too much at stake.  Will an owner be happy if attendance at games goes in a downward spiral if the team doesn't perform? NO! Will players be happy if their value goes down if they are not put in a postion to shine? NO! How about the coach(es)? Do you think they'd be happy with a dismal season? NO!   WE WERE NOT PLANNING ON TANKING AT ANY POINT....

It’s happened tons of times before. Also, why do people equate tanking with players and coaches? The GM/FO control a tank. Trading Burns for a 2nd and 5th is basically a tank. If you aren’t rebuilding and trying to win, you fit him into the cap which was easy to do. We turned down a huge package for him a year and a half ago and now we give him away for pennies on the dollar.

One more note, lol at “happy with a dismal season.” Have you been around the Panthers after 2017?

I do not get why it is tanking if you refuse to pay a player $30m after an 8-9 sack season.  Do you keep him for $24m when he has already said he plays for the payday?  Now, if you get your heads out of the tunnel for a minute, and think, "How much is this going to cost you moving forward?  Do you think other agents and players would not see that as weakness?"  Morgan had to make a statement, and Morgan is a dawg.  Keep a player who announced, "I was half assing it for a good contract" and let that guy wear a "C" on his chest and set the example for others?  I think we were inept and caused Burns' public statement, but when you say words in microphones or vent in social media, there is a record and it cannot be taken back.

The more I think about it, the more I see why Morgan did what he did.  Sure, the deal sucked, but ever since then, Morgan has been solid.

I do not want Clowney on the roster for the same reason.  I do not want Chase--if a player with their skills and gifts become journeymen, understand that people who had them under contract got rid of them. 

Give me the other Gamecock and Chase can go chase his tail elsewhere.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Him and Chase Young so they can underachieve together but collectively make for one really good player (sometimes).

When I think about it: couldn't possibly be any more frustrating than seeing Burns play every Sunday. 

Of course having two underperforming Youngs might give me nightmares (despite Clowney). We'd never get a break on offense or defense.

Edited by top dawg

Truth is you need to compete each year to the best of your ability if you don't want to get even worse as all your players jump ship. So you have to have a mix of vets and young guys to learn from the Vets. So do you need good vets on 1 or 2 year deals to be competitive and show the young guys the ropes? Absolutely. Andy Dalton was brought in specifically to mentor Young not be a long term solution. I would think Clowney would be as well. Bring in young guys like Young or draft picks for the long haul. I heard Clowney had some dog in him. I know he was bit by a dog early in his career. Maybe they can both resurrect their careers here. If anyone can motivate them it is Evero.

• Beer 1