• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Herbert about to be available?

CRA

With the Chargers cap being a mess the calculus was easy... Kennan is too old, Big Mike is expensive / injury prone and Eckler turned to dust before our eyes last season.

You do all those thigs so you can keep Herbert, not trade him.

Edited by CBDellinger
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Hard to figure out what Jim Harbaugh is doing

Overnight that offense went from 

QB- Herbert

RB - Ekeler

WR - Allen

WR - WIlliams

TE - Everett

to.......Herbert

They were pretty much in cap hell because of some of their contracts. Mike Williams could never stay healthy, Allen is getting older and also had some struggles with injuries the past 2 years, Ekeler is pretty much like a Darren Sproles that can somewhat be replaced, and Everett isn't anything special.

They obviously lost a lot, but they had to shed a lot of salary because of the contracts of Bosa and Mack. Harbaugh has always been a defense first person, so not surprised he valued his top defensive players.

Long story short, it is highly unlikely they are trading Herbert

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

Teams do not trade good young QBs, yall just be talking about nothing 

teams do trade good QBs though.  Sometimes, ones that are still top tier.   And they will often trade away the right to the hottest QB prospects in the draft. 

I'm not saying it's happening....but Harbaugh is a bit of a wildcard.   

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That would be shocking.

I think what he really needs is a good super processor.

In reality, they're definitely going WR at #5 and they might even double dip. They'll probably draft Blake Corum in the 3rd. Keep an eye on OSU TE Cade Stover. I think he's pretty underrated by the mock drafters.

My money is on the TE Bowers from Georgia. He's the next great TE imo.

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Harbaugh loves Herbert. I've heard it enough from Greeny that I don't doubt it. 

Harbaug just trying to get the team younger and cheaper while building up the trenches in order to play Bully ball. 

Bully ball is exactly right. And I think people assume they will draft a WR with their 1st. I think Bowers is the pick. He's a physical TE and he breaks tackles after the catch. He will be the next great TE. Herbert is gonna love that dude.