• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We signed Clowney....

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:
  • Donnelly says this can be looked at as a win now move since Cloweney has been in the "mercenary phase" of his career the last couple years.
  • He says the Panthers might be feeling they are closer to competing than most think and plays a clip of DC saying they can compete for the division next season.
  • Donnelly doesn't think the Panthers are as close as Morgan and Co seem to believe.
  • Wishes the contract was for a little less

It certainly seems like they feel as if they can win now. Similar to what happened in Miami…

Tua had a coach who didn’t believe in him. So they went out and got someone who did. Pretty sure McDaniels said things we’ve heard Canales say about finding what Bryce does best and do that

If we sign Gilmore then on paper this defense looks better than it did last year. Losing Luvu hurts but Shaq’s strengths are similar to Luvu’s and we added Jewell. 

Obviously we beefed up the IOL. I assume we’ll go C in round 2 if one of the big 3 fall. Diontae is better than anyone we had at wide out last year. 

So if they felt they could win last year I’m not sure how they wouldn’t feel that way this year at this point.

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 3

3 hours ago, Killah_Ray said:

@CamWhoaaCamwe won the invisible proxy war with the Jets so congrats?

I don't know what's going on here, but I told y'all a few days ago that we essentially had to pick between letting the Jets get Williams or keep that money reserved for Clowney. I'd say we got the markedly better deal.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Got a better edge guy for 1/3 the cost. Who'd a thought that was possible.  Yes I said better. 

You beat me to it, but I would have begun with "I suspect we." 

Clowney hasn't exactly lit the world on fire, but he's trending up in his older age.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

It certainly seems like they feel as if they can win now. Similar to what happened in Miami…

Tua had a coach who didn’t believe in him. So they went out and got someone who did. Pretty sure McDaniels said things we’ve heard Canales say about finding what Bryce does best and do that

If we sign Gilmore then on paper this defense looks better than it did last year. Losing Luvu hurts but Shaq’s strengths are similar to Luvu’s and we added Jewell. 

Obviously we beefed up the IOL. I assume we’ll go C in round 2 if one of the big 3 fall. Diontae is better than anyone we had at wide out last year. 

So if they felt they could win last year I’m not sure how they wouldn’t feel that way this year at this point.

I'm in full wait and see approach. This team has gotten worse every year since the 2015. They got a lot of work to do before I'll get excited and believe in any offseason hype again.

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I don't think anyone thinks we're close, but I think everyone things we can be more competitive than we were last year.

Hell, even if we win 4 games next year but actually hold leads and score points throughout the season it's an improvement.

Have you talked to the folks on Mint St? Tepper sure seems to keep believing they're close. But yeah, just being competitive in games would be a huge step forward from last season.

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

If we can get(BIG IF) a decent pass rush and actually play with leads corner might not be a huge need. I’m concerned that we have Corbett as our starting C when I don’t think he’s ever played the position.

Same. Corbett at Center is a big question mark. Horn playing up to his draft status and staying healthy is also one. So center and corner trumps edge at this point.  33 and 39 need to be a WR, Corner or Center. I like Kneeland and Adisa at edge but starting to lean towards whichever WR catches our fancy or a corner.  Developmental center might be available later.  Van Prann is my hope but have a feeling he will go before 65. Sleepers like McCormick and Limmer are options but using the 101 on a Center worries me. Less fear bout scooping up a RB, TE or WR there. I think one of those top picks will be a WR though so a top tier Corner is more important at 33 or 39. I've seen DeJean slide to 33 in mocks. I don't know but I have some hope in this draft. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Got a better edge guy for 1/3 the cost. Who'd a thought that was possible.  Yes I said better. 

Man plays the run better than Burns could ever dream of. He is a dawg. Might take a play off occasionally but if we got wonnum, chaison and barno he can.  And no I doubt DJ Johnson will ever work out but....  If he can put it together.