• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Rumors/Charlie Campbell Notes (Per r/NFL_Draft)

38 minutes ago, strato said:

BTW It would be Panthers for a C to fall and they don’t take him. 

Exactly! How many times has the perfect player been there, and the Panthers chose some nobody with great physical skills who ends up never playing much. Too many damn times!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Was a typo - the OP corrected it later but yeah, Burton has some character concerns.  Have seen that mentioned by more than just a few spots (The Athletic, Ringer, and here to name a few)

Teams are getting a bit tired of the diva WRs.   They are OK when their productivity overshadows their costs in the past, but when you spend millions--

The Panthers, at least in the eyes of Steeler nation, have one now.  I doubt they add a second. 

Very interesting about J P-J possibly being there at 33.  To me, that could be they pick.  Unfortunately, I can never trust any offensive production evaluations from the Left coast.   I would stay in the SEC for skill players and the Big10 for OL.  New rule.

The Sainristil note had me start to look into him a bit and he does sound pretty great, and then remembered his huge interception at the end of the title game.

Some fun notes:

• 2X team captain, was named team MVP for the best defense in the country. 
  • Described as a player coach and influencer, per the DB coach, he "changed the mindset of everybody on our team"
  • Former wide receiver so has the aggressive/ballhawk mentality (this kid doesn't drop INTs)
  • 6 INTs, 2 pick sixes last year, 3 picks took back for 70+ yards
  • Played 20% outside, 80% slot, had good capabilities blitzing.  5 TFL, 2 sacks
  • Only flagged for 1 PI in college (in the title game) covering Polk

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Michigan, Sainristil was the starting nickel in former defensive coordinator Jesse Minter’s 4 -2-5 scheme, although he also saw 22.1 percent of his 2023 snaps at outside cornerback. After spending three years on offense for the Wolverines (when he enrolled, the coaches had internal battles as to which side of the ball he would play), Sainristil moved to defense for his final two years and was voted team MVP of the nati on’s No. 1 defense. He is a fluid and alert

athlete with a wide receiver background — one of just five FBS players with at least six interceptions in 2023 (ranked No. 2 in the FBS with 232 interception -return yards). Though he has some overaggressive tendencies, he trusts his instincts to anticipate and properly position h imself so he can make plays, both in coverage and versus the run. Overall, Sainristil has obvious size limitations that will remove him from some team’s draft boards, but other teams will be more than happy to bet on his outstanding toughness, instincts and ball skills. He will compete for immediate starting reps as a rookie nickel.

Seems like he was a BIG part of that team and its leadership.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Teams are getting a bit tired of the diva WRs.   They are OK when their productivity overshadows their costs in the past, but when you spend millions--

The Panthers, at least in the eyes of Steeler nation, have one now.  I doubt they add a second. 

Very interesting about J P-J possibly being there at 33.  To me, that could be they pick.  Unfortunately, I can never trust any offensive production evaluations from the Left coast.   I would stay in the SEC for skill players and the Big10 for OL.  New rule.

Burton is more than a diva.  He has wr 4-5 talent but he has so many off the field concerns and I keep hearing the more people talk to his teammates and people that know him that the red flags have gotten worse and worse.   I think his potential is worth a 5th or 6th round flyer and you cut him the second he does anything questionable in the slightest,  but ive heard a lot of teams have taken him completely off their boards.

• Pie 1

Jackson Powers-Johnson may be falling, medicals being cited:

Matt Miller:

“In talking to scouts over the past two weeks, it sounds like teams are not as high on Oregon center Jackson Powers-Johnson as the media consensus. JPJ had a strong early performance at the Senior Bowl before leaving the second practice with a hamstring injury. It was that early impression that saw him rise up draft boards. He followed that up with a good showing in position drills at the combine but didn’t participate in most of the other drills — he did only the bench press and vertical/broad jumps — before shutting it down. The feedback I’ve received from teams is that while he might go in the first round, it’s unlikely that he would be selected in the top 25 picks based on where teams are ranking him,”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39828289/2024-nfl-draft-latest-buzz-rumors-news-prospects-risers

Brugler:

The medicals will be important after he battled multiple injuries, including groin and hip issues in 2023 along with multiple concussions over his career.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2024/4/10/24126191/jackson-powers-johnson-oregon-medicals-injury-history-concussions

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Oh man, i will pass.

I would look at Van prann and Limmer in later rounds

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

That’s enough to say ,nope’…..

Maybe. We said no to Tre Smith in the 6th round due to medical concerns and where did that get us? Horn had no medical concerns and the one we didn’t take of the two has played way more.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

That is concerning. He was my #1 guy, but that is a rough injury history 

4 hours ago, Martin said:

That is concerning. He was my #1 guy, but that is a rough injury history 

All depends on what the team docs evaluation is, but hip and concussions for a OL are hard to forgive a center that gets in car wrecks 60 times a game.....

The medicals are the one thing us fans don't have, honestly if a player is dropping and no one knows why- poor medicals. 

WHo knows, Morgan could be the one behind those leaks too.......

• Pie 1