• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did Cam Newton do?

CRA

13 hours ago, Manna said:

Well I mean if the team did a better job of not leaving it up to the refs that play then Cam would probably still be here. 

If Cam hadn’t landed awkwardly he wouldn’t have gotten hurt either. The DB got through the entire team. I’ve watched the play many times and there was a supposed emphasis in the league at the time to avoid crack back type blocks where players often get hurt. They were supposed to be protecting QBs but for some reason the ref who had an easy view of the play didn’t stop it. Even in live mode on my couch, I thought the DB was down in the end zone.

The ref should have stopped the play immediately. It was a 2 second review. Did you ever feel like even after the SB and week 1 at Denver that the refs ever erred on the side of protecting Cam? I don’t and I do believe a whistle comes out quickly if it’s a QB the league was concerned about protecting.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

If Cam hadn’t landed awkwardly he wouldn’t have gotten hurt either. The DB got through the entire team. I’ve watched the play many times and there was a supposed emphasis in the league at the time to avoid crack back type blocks where players often get hurt. They were supposed to be protecting QBs but for some reason the ref who had an easy view of the play didn’t stop it. Even in live mode on my couch, I thought the DB was down in the end zone.

The ref should have stopped the play immediately. It was a 2 second review. Did you ever feel like even after the SB and week 1 at Denver that the refs ever erred on the side of protecting Cam? I don’t and I do believe a whistle comes out quickly if it’s a QB the league was concerned about protecting.

I stopped watching non-panthers games after this. The blatant favoritism after not calling anything on the Broncos for head hunting Cam was sickening. Honestly now, Id stop watching football all together if not for the panthers. Football just isnt fun anymore. Crooked refs have killed it for me.

ps: Can someone help me remember when the head hunting happened? Was it the SB, week 1 or both?

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

16 hours ago, CmC2k said:

I'll never forgive Kelvin Benjamin for not chasing down that Chargers defender and forcing Cam to have to make that awkward tackle and causing Cam to hurt his shoulder. 

15 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I’ll never stop replying that KB did nothing wrong. He clearly touched the defender when he was down and there was a ref that was a few feet away. It was also KB who touched him while down so I can’t blame him for knowing the play was over.

If you don’t recall, that play got reversed very quickly as it was completely obvious that the DB was already down on replay.

If Brady was QB, the ref blows the whistle right away. Cam didn’t get calls and there’s no reason refs would want to protect him. There was an emphasis on the refs to blow plays dead because of injuries and dangerous plays. TD got his suspension for hitting Davante Adams almost exactly 1 year later.

I don’t care how people feel about KB overall, but Cam hurting his shoulder was 100% on the ref in the end zone that decided to let the play continue.

I just give props to you guys for knowing that this is when Cam hurt his shoulder the worst. So many Panthers and non Panthers' fans say it was the TJ Watt hit that did Cam in just when he got rolling with Norv at the helm or the fact that he ran too much. This play was the play that started it all with our too often inept coaching and surgery staff. I believe had this play not happened, the TJ Watt hit would've been routine hit with soreness and rehab. Even so, Chad Pennington got resigned after obliterating his shoulder and he started with a noodle arm. Drew Brees' shoulder was literally smashed to the middle of his upper back and even though there were many doubters, he got to rehab and have an entire second career with New Orleans. Cam was quickly ushered out of the league.

22 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I just give props to you guys for knowing that this is when Cam hurt his shoulder the worst. So many Panthers and non Panthers' fans say it was the TJ Watt hit that did Cam in just when he got rolling with Norv at the helm or the fact that he ran too much. This play was the play that started it all with our too often inept coaching and surgery staff. I believe had this play not happened, the TJ Watt hit would've been routine hit with soreness and rehab. Even so, Chad Pennington got resigned after obliterating his shoulder and he started with a noodle arm. Drew Brees' shoulder was literally smashed to the middle of his upper back and even though there were many doubters, he got to rehab and have an entire second career with New Orleans. Cam was quickly ushered out of the league.

I do think that his rocket arm was going to fade earlier than others because he, more often than other QBs, threw without his feet set well because he could. I think he was more of an all arm thrower than most and he didn’t hold back. I think that stresses the arm/shoulder already. People seem to forget that he wasn’t healthy going into 2017 and he had shoulder surgery in the offseason. TJ Watt didn’t help and might finished up 2018, but it wasn’t the start of the issues. It’s just that Cam was still able to throw with velocity in 2017, but it didn’t last long at all.

One other note, Ryan Vermillion’s career didn’t really end well so I’m not sold on the fact that Cam got the best care either. He went from surgery pre-2017 to not being able to throw deep at all in 2018. Kawann Short’s career ended with his first shoulder injury. Never came back.

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

I stopped watching non-panthers games after this. The blatant favoritism after not calling anything on the Broncos for head hunting Cam was sickening. Honestly now, Id stop watching football all together if not for the panthers. Football just isnt fun anymore. Crooked refs have killed it for me.

ps: Can someone help me remember when the head hunting happened? Was it the SB, week 1 or both?

The SB had some head shots not called including one on the key fumble return for a TD, but week 1 was the horror show where they truly let poo go. That was the same year as this San Diego game.

13 minutes ago, strato said:

That is my favorite Cam clip, by a lot. That is so great. 

the funniest thing about that clip....is the wheel route would have still been wide open.  No one listened to Clay.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Franchise hasn't been the same without Cam.

We were robbed of a SB. I truly believe we win a championship if Cam never got injured. He was too good of a QB not to have won at least 1 championship. The fact he got us to a SB with what he had on offense is amazing.

These elite QB's today have multiple elite weapons on offense and still can't reach a SB. 

Just to be clear . . . we were not robbed of a SB here:

image.png.094f847603e762f33efb28b85f94e365.png

We were robbed here:

image.png.d08de457c533b0c93e97582d9510318a.png

• Beer 1