• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt: Trade down from #33

There are two reasons why a trade down this year could be more valuable. 

A) There are a lot of teams needing a QB this year. If Penix or Nix makes it down to 33, you could bid that pick off.

B) There will be 4-6 QBs taken in the 1st round. This means there will be a few "1st round talents" make it into the start of Day 2. 

I don't recommend the Panthers go far past 33 if they do trade down. There is a  talent drop off around pick 40-42.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

On 4/22/2024 at 3:02 PM, chknwing said:

as much as people would hate it, trading up from #33 to say 32 or 31 to get that 5th year option on your player is worth it.

It really depends.  Can you think of any instances where the 5th year option was crucial?  Most players that are hits are extended by then.  I don't think the 5th year option is as valuable as some think.  Move up if you think the guy you want is going to be gone.  I wouldn't do it for a 5th year option.

I can’t recall the source or time but I’d swear that sometime around one of Tepper’s tantrums, he supposedly asked, rhetorically, "what have they/he done to my team” and I think he was referring to Fitterer. 

I can’t find the quote. IMO I get why they moved CMC, but the DJ Moore thing was inexplicable considering how much help he might have offered.

Edited by strato