• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is no one considering double dip at WR?

5 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

IF the draft plays out like that and both 2nd round picks are WR and its not a reach so be it.  I somehow doubt it plays out like that but there is no guarantee that happens.  We have needs all over the field on both sides of the ball though. 

I mean yeah, but a horrible offense and traded your best pass rush to surround your over drafted qb with weapons so you have to give him the tools to prove your investment was right. if we suck at corner or linebacker for a year so be it. but right now the name of the game is see what you have in bryce.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Also we need one for the future obviously, but how many targets are we expecting a rookie to get after Johnson and Thielen? If it's not a slot/route runner type guy I don't think many of those 2.7 second balls are going to a vertical guy. If BPA is a corner or edge that would have immediate impact I'd be bummed if we reached for an XL or Troy Franklin over them

Johnson and Theilen are also both most likely gone after this season vs hanging around.  Thielen is basically a TE limiting the O given what Bryce wants and needs to do with the ball.  WR is a hole short term and long term….and it’s tied to salvaging our QB. 

a 2nd rookie corner likely isn’t going to impact much…. especially if the pass game doesn’t drastically improve.  I still think a WRs and a rec RB would do more potentially for us than anything else.  Cogs in the wheel to fix the offense.  We don’t need a super stud.  We need improved O talent all over the map.  Speed. 

• Pie 3

If we go in boxed in at wr for 33 and 39 we will reach and lose out on 1st round talent.  What if JPJ is there and McConkey is off the board? We gonna go XL, Coleman, or Franklin over JPJ? 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'm certain we double-dip at WR, just not necessarily in the 2nd round. I think we go WR with one of the 2nd rounders and get another WR in the 3rd/4th.

I would definitely go Pearsall at 65 if he's still on the board. Won't be surprised if he goes earlier though, he's probably the next best route runner after Ladd but has a little more size and can take on more contact/contested catches

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean it would be a very Panther thing to do….to avoid WR in a WR draft.  No arguing that.  We are the worst team in all of sports for a reason. 

Couldn’t disagree more, reaching for a position even when it is not BPA is a Panthers thing to do. Taking BPA would be very refreshing and the right thing to do.

1 minute ago, Martin said:

Couldn’t disagree more, reaching for a position even when it is not BPA is a Panthers thing to do. Taking BPA would be very refreshing and the right thing to do.

They won’t be reaching for a WR at the top of the 2nd (33-39) unless things go completely insane…..

I mean, the top of 2nd is where legit WRs should be.   Now they could pick the wrong WR.  But positionally WR shouldn’t be a reach there pending guys don’t fall and things go crazy ahead of us.  

• Pie 1