• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

But does he have that DAWG in him?

Legette does. Smitty had huge input on this pick like I mentioned before. He even said we were gonna pick him. Panthers saw something in him obviously.

Smitty also told the Panthers to pick Mingo.

I'm not having a meltdown about the pick, I don't watch college and don't know any of these guys outside of highlight Youtubes, but yeah Smitty is not a great scout.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

A cup of coffee in the morning you will feel a lot better about this pick tomorrow morning trust me.

If you've read my posts you should understand I take a pretty even keel approach and have been warming myself up to Legette.  Pick the hyperbolizing "you're freaking out" argument with someone else or get lost. 

Really shouldn't bother anyone if I don't like the pick.  I can be wrong and it's just football anyways, I don't mind admitting it.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

One year wonder project big body WR. Where have i heard that one before. 

He is the literal definition of a Panthers draft pick the past few years.   Old and "raw" gadget player.  

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I really want to like this pick but JPJ was right there and could easily have been the Ryan Kalil for the next decade. 

I still think there's a decent chance JPJ falls to our next pick. There's been a lot of lineman already taken and we know there will be a receiver run at the start of the second.

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

I'm not having a meltdown about the pick, I don't watch college and don't know any of these guys outside of highlight Youtubes, but yeah Smitty is not a great scout.

I was down on the Mingo pick even when Smitty suggested him.

Legette film is much more impressive. He can take a bubble screen and break for 80. Mingo wasn't that kind of WR. He also didn't look as explosive as Legette.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Trade up for a guy that would’ve been there tomo

the more things change the more they stay the same 

My dude, they swapped their 5th rounder for a 6th rounder to be able to get a 5th year option.  The trade is basically non-existent

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Even Smith had him ranked as his wr #9 with much higher ranked true wr on the board still.