• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, then we will continue to be a poorly run and dysfunctional org IMO.  I think it's poorly run org

The Panthers have never been a truly well run organization and have gotten worse under Tepper. Will it keep being one? Don't know, but I'm not holding by breath that it'll suddenly be one.

As for the rest of your post, as John Fox loved to say, "it is what it is." Canales knew the risk/reward when he accepted the job. The NFL has always been a harsh business when it comes to coaches and GMs. That's not going to change anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The Panthers have never been a truly well run organization and have gotten worse under Tepper. Will it keep being one? Don't know, but I'm not holding by breath that it'll suddenly be one.

As for the rest of your post, as John Fox loved to say, "it is what it is." Canales knew the risk/reward when he accepted the job. The NFL has always been a harsh business when it comes to coaches and GMs. That's not going to change anytime soon.

yeah, but I don't think this narrative of everyone is forced to fix Bryce Young or be fired narrative is supported by what we know of Tepper.  So if Bryce sucks again....we fire Canales and hire a 3rd coach for Bryce? 

Tepper moves on quick.  That's the Tepper way.  If Bryce can't get it done this year and shows no growth and promise?   I think what we know of Tepper,  Tepper moves on from Bryce.  Not Canales pending Canales is showing good. 

14 minutes ago, Barney said:

Saying Mingo and Leggette are the same player because of 40 times and combine is laughable.  Legette is much stronger with the ball in his hands and will go up and get a 50/50 ball with aggression.  I don't care anything about his 40 time.  When he is on the field with the ball in his hands he is plenty fast.  I can see him being used very similar to Deebo.  Not sure he has the tackle breaking strength Deebo has, but if used properly I think he is going to be a problem for other teams.  

Very good points I believe with a little strength conditioning in a years time he'll be breaking tackles similarly. But his go up and get it out the air is elite Mingo doesn't have that.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I thought ikcy and chavala would be good 😂

and why are you worried about my personal life thats a bit weird dude, If I am negative its because this franchise continues to shot itself in its dick.  Give me something to be positive and Ill be positive but as of now there is just misstep after misstep. 

Just checking in man. Mental health is important. If one of my friends consistently spoke the way you do on this board, I would be concerned for their mental well-being.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, but I don't think this narrative of everyone is forced to fix Bryce Young or be fired narrative is supported by what we know of Tepper.  So if Bryce sucks again....we fire Canales and hire a 3rd coach for Bryce? 

Tepper moves on quick.  That's the Tepper way.  If Bryce can't get it done this year and shows no growth and promise?   I think what we know of Tepper,  Tepper moves on from Bryce.  Not Canales pending Canales is showing good. 

I'd say Tepper moves on from both if Young doesn't show improvement this season. It will most likely depend on whoever has Tepper's ear and what they tell him though.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Just checking in man. Mental health is important. If one of my friends consistently spoke the way you do on this board, I would be concerned for their mental well-being.

Its an anonymous message board discussing our supposed favorite team, how in the fug could you possible think this bleeds into real life?   Just seems you are making a subtle dig or something.  This team has giving us complete poo at every turn for close to a decade.  We always go left instead of going right.  We always and I mean always seem to make the wrong choice and do things ass backwards.  I can give you 50 examples off the top of my head in you need refreshing.

Being laser focused on a player to the point he is telling the media he is our pick making the GM panicked that someone may get him before us because we broadcasted who we liked is a perfect example.  If teams valued the 5th year option as much as its getting played on here today you simply would see more teams doing it if it mattered that much. 

We will see how the 2nd plays out but my gut and head think he would have lasted to 39 easily especially with who is on the board.  An unprecedented amount of qbs went obviously pushing talent down and we still couldnt get out of our own way.

29 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The exact way Mingo should’ve been used. It really seems like Mingo has an uphill battle to see the field this year. What an awful pick that was

Legette struggles against press which is where the DK comps are silly

We so desperately need this pick to work out but it’s tough to be excited about this one

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The exact way Mingo should’ve been used. It really seems like Mingo has an uphill battle to see the field this year. What an awful pick that was

Legette struggles against press which is where the DK comps are silly

We so desperately need this pick to work out but it’s tough to be excited about this one

Yeah regardless of how he pans out, his college highlights and DK's look nothing alike. DK is like wide open all the time, XL is often contested catching, which looks cool on film, but not that great that it's been against 20 year college kids. DK also has like 3" and 10 pounds on him and faster. He's much more of a stiff AJ Brown or Deebo

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I work with a guy that just graduated from SC and had a couple of classes with him.  Said he was a great guy and really built well.  Cole said he worked on a couple of project with Leggette and they got to be friends.  It's weird to picture them together because Cole is a frat boy that looks like Ken from Barbie, and Leggs is so country.  Sounds like he can get along with anyone

I'm not the biggest fan of Legette, but I disagree with the Mingo comparisons.  On the field Legette looks like a much better athlete.  Don't care about testing results.

With that said I hate that he's already 23 with only one year of big time production.  But I get it at the same time.  The upside is there and Canales is an experienced WR coach.  If Legette is good, Canales should be the one to help show it.