• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dane Brugler Carolina Panthers projection rd 2 and 3

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its 59 spots, saying you flip picks is disingenuous and again the ability to maneuver the 33 pick if you wanted as XL would still be there and quite possibly even at 39 or wherever you trade to in between if that was the strategy.  Feels like the corral move, feels like the DJ move.  Panicking for no reason

Panicking? If the Bills wanted Legette, they wouldn't have traded. They gave us a call as a courtesy to ask if we wanted the 5th year option for Legette, and we struck a deal. This was a business decision. Pure and simple.

Bills knew they could get their guy either way. They asked us to compensate them for the 5th year option. Makes sense.

Edited by XClown1986
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

“I think once the wideouts were taken—Brian Thomas was taken and then I felt like there was gonna be a little run on wideouts after that,” he stated. “Then Xavier Worthy got taken. And we liked some of those guys and with Xavier [Legette] out there, we were just like—we don’t wanna put ourself in a bad situation to where we’re not gonna be able to get the guy we wanna get. He was our target, we really liked him and we went and got him.”

Kindof sounds like it though,  I mean they literally had the next pick.  Sounds eerily similar to fitt on dj johnson

DJ Johnson was a much higher reach and a surprise pick. This was far from that like insanely far. Trying to compare the two is just nonsense… flipping a 5th for a 6th to move into the 1st (yes that changes cap structure) is really no big deal.

• Pie 3

Those would be two nice additions at CB, but a bit of overkill.  Neither takes me as a nickel, but I am not sure.  The knock on Kool-Aid was they played more zone at Bama than ever before....I think we could double dip at CB, WR, and/or LB.  We are really thin at CB and LB.

Edited by MHS831

37 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its 59 spots, saying you flip picks is disingenuous and again the ability to maneuver the 33 pick if you wanted as XL would still be there and quite possibly even at 39 or wherever you trade to in between if that was the strategy.  Feels like the corral move, feels like the DJ move.  Panicking for no reason

It was NOT a panic. It was a smart move to get him in the first so we have the 5th year option. We didn't give the farm away.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Panicking? If the Bills wanted Legette, they wouldn't have traded. They gave us a call as a courtesy to ask if we wanted the 5th year option for Legette, and we struck a deal. This was a business decision. Pure and simple.

Bills knew they could get their guy either way. They asked us to compensate them for the 5th year option. Makes sense.

eh, there’s some truth to this but collecting the reports we’ve seen, it’s likely the bills swapped with us because New England was trying to move up-probably for Leggette, given our known interest in him and some of the comments from Belichick.

by swapping with us buffalo sticks it to a division rival, still gets the guy they want, probably Mitchell, and gets a little bit of icing by moving up a bit into round 5.

• Pie 2

I like Kool Aid but he does seem more like a zone corner, maybe even a better safety. I dont know if i like him enough to not just sign Gilmore instead for immediate help. I would look at corner later in the draft.

1 hour ago, theinstrumental said:

It's Jaycee and nobody at corner so I can see a double-dip. But I'd really prefer to get Kneeland and have some kind of future plan at pass-rusher and try to get a corner in the third.

Yes. They did pick up his fifth year option

the other  thing,Atlanta is loaded with

Weapons and a qb that can get it to them

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Kindof sounds like it though,  I mean they literally had the next pick.  Sounds eerily similar to fitt on dj johnson

Regardless of what he said, the real reason is because they wanted the 5th year option.

I would hate that. I'd rather get a CB in the mid rounds for depth and not spend a premium pick on one that isn't an elite prospect in R1 or R2.

I really want Powers Johson or Frazier some kinda bad. I just find it ironic that the panthers would spend a shitton of money on two starting OGs and then take your oft injured RG from the last 2 seasons and jam him in at C and call it a day there.  

The panthers NEVER select any players I personally want in any draft since 2010 besides Cam. So I'm fully expecting them to go CB or Edge.

I want Center R2 and TE or RB in R3

26 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Regardless of what he said, the real reason is because they wanted the 5th year option.

then why dont teams do that more if the 5th is so valuable?  If thats the case then the bills clearly value moving up 60 spots vs a 5th on a wr or whatever

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I like Kool Aid but he does seem more like a zone corner, maybe even a better safety. I dont know if i like him enough to not just sign Gilmore instead for immediate help. I would look at corner later in the draft.

yeah, I think the value is better elsewhere where our picks are elsewhere.  I want them to just sign Gilmore and rent him and maybe take a swing at that CFL DB late in the draft.