• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know it’s earlt but Dan THE MAN Morgan is IMPRESSING me

38 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

You’ve gotta be the biggest flip flopper I’ve ever seen. You were renouncing your fandom and calling him Dave and Nicole’s yes man within minutes after he got hired. 

I did but he’s won me over

The only good thing he's done is get a 2nd next year. But with the same picks (and the 2025 2nd) you could have had Cooper DeJean, AD Mitchell and Junior Colson.... or Keon Coleman, Zach Frazier and Payton Wilson/Colson.... Just seem like the ability to grab three impact guys was there and we reached at all 3 picks becuase we fell in love with all three picks and had extreme tunnelvision

Like can you imagine if we came out of the first three rounds of this draft, without having a first round pick, and added:
A 2025 Rams 2nd, Cooper DeJean, AD Mitchell and Junior Colson?

Instead, we are "thoughts and prayers" hoping that Legette can put it together and Brooks stays healthy enough to have a good season in 2025

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This honestly feels like another Fitterer draft. Probably because it might as well be. I don't think the decision maker has actually changed.

Decision maker is just one part of it.

The entire process is the same. From RAS scores to chasing specific players.

Really discouraging that Dan still thinks this approach works.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Decision maker is just one part of it.

The entire process is the same. From RAS scores to chasing specific players.

Really discouraging that Dan still thinks this approach works.

I think you missed what I was getting at.

It's this guy.

715564528_download(11).jpeg.ea1d598cb4db3a0141f4c6258f78e95a.jpeg

He's either literally making the decisions or dominating the decision making process in terms of weighting the evaluation metrics because we're making the exact same types of picks.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think you missed what I was getting at.

It's this guy.

715564528_download(11).jpeg.ea1d598cb4db3a0141f4c6258f78e95a.jpeg

He's either literally making the decisions or dominating the decision making process in terms of weighting the evaluation metrics because we're making the exact same types of picks.

I don’t see evidence he’s THAT heavy handed.

This seems like a process Dan and Fitt created together with the scouts based on their own preferences.

One thing is for sure. It’s definitely not coming from the coaches.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I don’t see evidence he’s THAT heavy handed.

This seems like a process Dan and Fitt created together with the scouts based on their own preferences.

One thing is for sure. It’s definitely not coming from the coaches.

It's possible. But he's definitely heavy handed. Hell, he doesn't even try to hide it. He'll tell anyone who'll listen that he has veto power on these decisions.

• Pie 1

I’m not yet impressed but I am intrigued. 

Day 1 - I had the WR broken down into 4 groups of 3. And Legette was in that 2nd group. From the rumors and mocks, I thought he would be picked before 33, like in the 25-32 range. I think the slide of Thomas and Worthy towards the end of the round and the Bills trade with the Chiefs helped push him to the end of the 1st.   McConkey, Coleman and Mitchell were more polished than Legette but the upside was way higher. 

Legette will most likely start on the outside opposite Johnson to start the season but we may see Theilan get as many or more reps in the slot. In today’s NFL you need 3 quality WR’s and I feel like we now have this covered. 

Day 2 - This is where it gets interesting. The trade to move into the first and the trade back and then up in the 2nd are all were fine with me. Much better trade strategy than Fitt and we got a 2nd in 2025 now. So really a huge win there. 

Brooks and Wallace are quality players picked where they should have been picked. But I think that is the problem. Neither pick was a reach but neither was a steal either.  

Brooks is the best RB in this draft and overall seemed to be ranked around the 45-50 player on the board. He is also a day one starter, although Hubbard will get plenty of carries as the complementary back. 

The intriguing part here is that most of us saw a need for a RB in the draft but that need wasn’t as high as other positions.  So for the BPA based on need and positional rank, this pick didn’t make as much sense. Personally I thought Center, Corner or Tight End made more sense in the 2nd. Then if Brooks dropped to the 3rd you get him at a value. 

Same goes for Wallace. I’m really not sure why I see so many post about not knowing who he is. He is a 3rd round rated Linebacker. And a very good one at that.  He wasn’t ranked as high as Cooper and Wilson (clearly everyone is passing on Wilson for a reason) but he was in the same tier as Colson and better than Trotter. 

But yet again the value for him was at the top of the 4th. With all the trades, it was almost like Morgan was purposely trying to draft the players at the point of their ranking. 

So I’m intrigued so far. And don’t hate or love this draft as it is now. 

Edited by mountainpantherfan2
  • Beer 2

There is absolutely no defending the Wallace pick.  None.  It was an INCREDIBLE reach based solely on athletic traits.  Most boards had him between 150 and 234.  We took him at 72!  SEVENTY TWO!!!

Depending on which board you follow, there were at least six or more LB'ers rated higher than Wallace on the board when we drafted:  Payton Wilson, Trotter Jr, Cedric Gray, Jordan Magee, Nathaniel Watson and Curtis Jacobs.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1