• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How short a leash will Young be on?

Jmac

As long as we win 5+ games and he looks good bit better i want to see what else we can do as Dan and Dave build out this roster. Fully expecting another top 6-7 pick next year. But long as we are progressing I’m happy. 

It's gonna be a miracle if Bryce balls out, not because of his perceived skill level, but because the talent on offense is based on hopes and dreams and snails and puppy dog tails.

Even with "all the additions", this would be considered a pretty poor offensive cast around Joe Burrow or Josh Allen. A fringe 1st round WR that in every scouting report is deemed raw, a RB that probably won't play til October, and a 4th round TE isn't going to change his fortunes.

Only one in eight billion people in the entire world (Mahomes) can succeed with such a poor offensive cast.

The Panthers are just house poor because of all the terrible trades in the Fitterer era

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Ask Zack Wilson, Mack Jones, Sam Darnold,  and a plethora of other QBs in the league

the team, and the grown men who play to get paid on it, depend on hitting personnel incentives and team incentives …much driven by qb performance 

this is a business…perform or be gone 

the fans do play part in it as they will not pay to see incompetence…over and over and over again.   

fair or not, and we know life isn’t fair, production is expected from what is typically the  highest paid position on the field 

don't know about you but I have no more fugs to give with young 

Time for participation trophies is over 

Wish what you believe is truth. 

Reality is his responsibility is to the team. Not the fans. 

He does need to progress. Absolutely.  

You must be one of those that believe Young doesn't belong in the NFL. 

His leash is not short at all. I mean they’re gonna want to see some sort of improvement, but they’ve invested so much in him that I don’t think another bad season is not going to change that.

yall thinking is always so short sighted, this team is a project and investments take time  

Edited by countryboi
  • Pie 1

25 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

A bunch of rookies is going to put Young on a short leash? 

Say that out loud, and try to believe that's it's actually a serious statement.  

What doesnt make sense is that a number one overall pick QB didn't even rank within 32 QBs last year. The narrative is that as long as he has talent he will succeed in some sort of way. If that still doesn't happen we gotta problem buddy.

48 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

It's gonna be a miracle if Bryce balls out, not because of his perceived skill level, but because the talent on offense is based on hopes and dreams and snails and puppy dog tails.

Also, so much is scheme and playcalling. HC and OC are rookies .  We don’t just have a QB figuring things out and trying to improve ….we got a HC, OC trying to figure things out for the first time and everyone on a new O. 

nothing screams good season about that recipe for the worst team in the NFL in 2024

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, countryboi said:

His leash is not short at all. I mean they’re gonna want to see some sort of improvement, but they’ve invested so much in him that I don’t think another bad season is not going to change that.

yall thinking is always so short sighted, this team is a project and investments take time  

What does the NFL stand for?  Bryce has already been paid most of his money on his contract. We are back on the first round next year, so if we suck again we have are pick of whoever the best player is. Canales has no attachment to any players already here, firing another coach will make tepper look even worse than he already does. Jets gave up on wilson quickly,  niners gave up on trey lance when they invested even more. Bryce isn't on the pedestal yall think he is on and you forget the nfl can change like the wind at anytime. 

• Pie 3