• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Ja'Tavion Sanders TE - Pick 101, Round 4

1 minute ago, t96 said:

yes seems many had him ranked as a day 2 pick. can't complain about value anyways

I'll be on record saying I think Theo Johnson is the higher upside pick but I see the vision of taking him as a safer tight end choice after swinging for the fences with wallace 

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

I know nothing at all about this player, but I like that we got a TE.

Best (non-Bowers) TE in this class. Will easily be the best we've had since Olsen. Huge target for Bryce.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I pray I am wrong on him. He did have good college production but his RAS scares me for a guy who is billed as an athletic TE

I’m watching NFL Network and they said he plays faster than he tests, and has great hands. So it sounds good

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I’m watching NFL Network and they said he plays faster than he tests, and has great hands. So it sounds good

again I pray I am wrong, some guys are football players and the game isn't played in underwear. No surprise Dan feels like that lmao

• Pie 1

For a 4rth round pick, hell yeah sign me up.

Sanders has a rugged, well-built frame and good build-up speed to run crossing routes and threaten the seam. The former Longhorns standout lines up all over the formation, running routes both in-line and detached from the formation. He brings a quick first step off the line of scrimmage and accelerates downfield. He’s extremely tough and physical through traffic and defenders careen off him at the catch point like he’s made of cement. He overpowers and boxes out smaller defenders, plucking the football and holding on to it through contact from a defender. He shows good body control to twist back and corral passes that come in behind him, and he notched zero drops on 67 targets in 2023, per PFF. He’s a load to bring down when the ball is in his hands, averaging 7.7 yards after the catch per reception. He’s not a high-level blocker but shows willingness to do the dirty work in-line, throwing his weight around on down blocks or looking to pivot and seal the edge.

Sanders is a little sluggish with his footwork and can be thrown off his route by physical defenders. He’s sloppy as a route runner and too often gets caught up and thrown off track. He lacks elite twitch and is not a big-time separator. He occasionally leans into his breaks and gives away his cuts. He’s a bit of a tweener, coming in undersized as a true Y tight end, but lacks the high-end explosiveness and separation skills of a dedicated move tight end.

WHY HE COULD RISE

Sanders combines physicality and vice-grip hands at the catch point to snare off-target throws; he brings build-up speed to get up the seams.

WHY HE COULD FALL

He lacks the size and blocking chops to drop in as a full-time Y tight end

• Pie 2