• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do You Agree With The Neglect of the Offensive Line from This Draft???

There are 4 centers out there who started last year in free agency still sitting out there and people have to trim down their rosters. I fully expect us to bring one in. Also since we have 2 5ths and 2 7ths next year maybe we can trade for a depth one to a team for a backup center. 

It is a concern but there are 3 more major opportunities to pick up a veteran

the  panthers  had zero playmakers last year.  Had to change 

so many holes. So few draft picks

i think Morgan did as a good as possible 

canales fixed the bucs alignment for mayfield.  Ill give him the benefit of yhe doubt 

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

free agency isn't over

Also its impossible to fix this team in just one year. Honestly need 4 full years and lots of luck....

Besides Center, the OL looks like one of the best units. Lots of depth.

Ickey is the wildcard and just like young, its a huge year for him.

I'd hate for the Panthers to be looking a QB, LT, and 2 edges by seasons end. 

39 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Also its impossible to fix this team in just one year. Honestly need 4 full years and lots of luck....

Besides Center, the OL looks like one of the best units. Lots of depth.

Ickey is the wildcard and just like young, its a huge year for him.

I'd hate for the Panthers to be looking a QB, LT, and 2 edges by seasons end. 

that's what's behind all the guys who hate this draft....they think if we had drafted better we'd be a playoff team in 2024

I was a little surprised they didn’t draft any offensive linemen but I don’t see it as neglect. They signed 3 in FA. So it’s not like the unit hasn’t been addressed this offseason. 

We also signed 3 edge rushers in FA and then didn’t draft one even though it was a perceived need. 

One thing I forget at times with the draft is most teams have a budget either for positions or position groups that is a percentage of the salary cap. With Tilis coming in, I wonder how much influence he might have had on the direction of the draft from a financial perspective. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

if we are relying on a guy who has never played center coming off a season ending injury to be the center then we are not even giving bryce a chance........oh wait we are and its his back up as well

Yeah not my first choice either. Just seems weird this thing has played out and maybe the coaching staff sees something in BC

We made our choices. WR was needed. RB was needed. LB was needed. TE was needed. After the fourth round, it becomes more of a crapshoot than it already is. It looks like we went BPA at positions of priority. Sorry, OL didn't make the cut this time.

We can probably get similar talent in free agency to late round picks if need be. Moreover there will be final cuts that we can shop from as well if necessary. 

I'm just not gonna worry and second guess picks. The decisions were made and we have to move on. If any adjustments need to be made, I'm sure they'll address it.

• Pie 3

We signed two starting guards this offseason and drafted guards in the past 3 drafts before that, as well as a tackle here and there.

I'm good with skipping an OL this year, but would prefer we take a swing on one every draft, at least in the later rounds.

You can never have enough OL depth.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1