• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers run ONE play on repeat

13 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Alex Rollins already seems to think Bryce is a bust. His arm strength and inability to play on-time is very concerning 

A HOF QB would’ve struggled mightily with the sh—-show we had on offense last year. We can only hope that nightmare of a season won’t permanently kill his confidence. I do believe the kid will be a good player for us.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

BY didn't get Reich fired. Reich got himself fired by being way in over his head and being the head coach of a coaching staff who did nothing to help him out.

Of course they were all sold on the idea that BY was pro ready out of the gate by Fitt so they felt he didn't need to be developed (like every rookie should be).

They had no clear vision. And no solid plan in place, nothing worked, and the coaching staff was too busy playing hunger games to be coaching so they panicked and did the same thing over and over.

It was a complete clusterfug that we had a rookie QB who needed help thrown into the middle of.

Looking back through it all. 

Remember, the Peppers weren't even considering Frank until the press said that they should. 

So then they bring him in for an interview   somehow in the multiple interviews he impresses up9n them more than any other candidate that they spoke too.  

He comes in, assembles what should have been an all-star staff. How did the staff not have a unified vision?  That staff should have been able to put together systems that at least would have.... 1) suited our players & 2) been able to win us more games. 

At what point did the dissension begin? Were they ever on the same page?  

I really don't want to spark a discussion...it's truly water under the bridge at this point.  

I just find it astonishing that it happened to such a group of NFL coaches.  

• Pie 5

Posted (edited)

Forget about your opinions of Bryce--that means nothing.  Get past it.  Now, how can you make this offense work?  Get a stud OL. Get a WR who can separate--get another one in the draft.  Get a pass catching TE weapon, get a better RB and run first, pass second.  That is what Canales is doing.  Make them stop the run.  Let's see what happens.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Fans blamed the playcalling on Bryce being limited, even though Bryce had more success when he lined up under center and ran bootlegs. The coaches coached like he was limited, and every time they would break out of the limits they put on the offense, he got better.

He literally never got better. Except Green Bay, but then he went right back in the toilet 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, RJK said:

He literally never got better. Except Green Bay, but then he went right back in the toilet 

After the Green Bay game he promptly went on to put up 

30/50 206 yards, 0 TD 1 INT

sacked 9 times in two games 

0 points, 0 wins. 

Edited by Manna
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I can't watch any analysis that blames play calling, the O-line and our receivers without mentioning that BY can't throw the ball on time and on target with any zip.  BY is a bust, plain and simple.  Anyone watching him play at Alabama should have known this would be the outcome.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

10 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

He comes in, assembles what should have been an all-star staff. How did the staff not have a unified vision?  That staff should have been able to put together systems that at least would have.... 1) suited our players & 2) been able to win us more games. 

At what point did the dissension begin? Were they ever on the same page?  

I really don't want to spark a discussion...it's truly water under the bridge at this point.  

I just find it astonishing that it happened to such a group of NFL coaches.  

Man, you bring up an amazing talking point. I remember thinking that though we didn't have the players we definitely had one of the best coaching staffs on paper.

I figured that would translate to a great system where we could finally cycle in players year in and year out with sustained success. I was wrong after Year 1. 😂😪