• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Final Decision On Hardy : No Thanks

Jeremy Igo

Voth is as good at it gets and I don't doubt that he has legit sources, but unless his source is Gettleman himself we can't possibly know this for sure. In the past JR had a lot of influence over decisions like this, but the cutting of Smitty signaled a new era.

• Pie 1

There is literally nothing about this that is "official".

Reliable info? Yes. Official? Nope, not even close.

No matter how much you want to be right, words mean things.

When the Panthers make an OFFICIAL statement in the next week or so, then we can call it official.

Until then, it's just a reliably sourced story.

• Pie 5

For quite a few the only way they will accept that Hardy isn't coming back will be the passing of March 10th, and the signing announcement some team releases after that, both of which will spawn hundreds more comments. Add to that whatever the NFL decides to do and we're in for way more blovulating.

There is literally nothing about this that is "official".

Reliable info? Yes. Official? Nope, not even close.

No matter how much you want to be right, words mean things.

When the Panthers make an OFFICIAL statement in the next week or so, then we can call it official.

Until then, it's just a reliably sourced story.

To be fair, how often have you seen the Panthers - or any other team, for that matter - make an 'official announcement' that they didn't plan to sign a particular free agent?

This isn't the sort of thing you issue a press release for.

I guess I've been to the point where my give a damn, is busted.

I don't give a damn about this situation.

It sucks, but hardy put himself into it, and obviously didn't do enough to dig himself out of it, wirh the Panthers.

The team has moved on from, as i have too.

I will miss seeing him wreck havoc against our enemies.

So long Hardy.

Hope ya learn something from this.

Edited by pantherclaw

so let him walk for nothing anyway effectively accomplishing dick when nothing predictably happens with the trade? but hey at least we can say we tried which will make everyone happy.

we need the space the second free agency starts. what's the time table on a trade exactly? we'd need to have him traded almost instantaneously for this to work otherwise we'd be hauling his big ass cap figure around crippling our ability to sign anyone. there's no chance and you need to let it go. you have an ideological beef with the idea of "letting an asset walk for nothing" and it makes good soapbox banter but in reality there isn't a better alternative.

No my beef is with not even exploring it.

He likely would have commanded a 3rd rounder and higher if we did it last off season. I'm sure there is still a market for him, and it would be worth seeing what we could get. Further, you also have a hand in determining where he goes instead of him staying in your division and trying to murder our QB with a vengeance for the next however many years.

To Trade him out of the division would be worth it alone, regardless of the compensation. If there is interest, which there would be, a trade would not take long at all.