• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else a little worried about DE?

OneBadCat

I think if you look at our roster it doesn't seem like we have many holes, if any. But DE looks a little thin with Hardy's leave. I'm not worried about Ealy. I think he's got the tools be a really good player. It's depth behind CJ that bothers me. We all know Big Money can play. But the way he plays makes him prone to injury in my opinion. His motor is non stop which I appreciate.

However, God forbid if CJ gets hurt are we banking on Frank Alexander to step up? I know Addison and Horton are good rotational players but how many here feel they can take on a starting role? 

Heard an interview with Frank Alexander this morning. His goal is a 10+ sack season and he expects to be 100% focused on this year and redemption. Also, I like the UDFA Miley. I think he makes the team based on sheer determination.

it eventually did fine last year without him once they and the DTs realized he wasn't coming back and guys had to step up more.

it will be the same story this year. everyone on that line knows that they have to step up and they will.

i'm not at all worried about that front 7. i wish DE deeper, but what we have is still among the best DL in the league and the best front 7 in the whole NFL.

I think Ealy, Johnson and Alexander can get the job done, Ealy should be better and he improved near the end of the year which is a good indication of him improving.

Addison had 6.5 sacks last season and if he can just come near that our defensive line should be pretty good.

I hoped we drafted Preston Smith or Trey flowers but we didn't. I feel we need to find CJs replacement but maybe next year we could draft his replacement.

Ealy played fine imo.  Going into his second year I expect more improvement especially once he adds a little more weight. Once the secondary situation got fixed it appeared the Dline played better.  Godfrey and Cason being off the field helped immensely as well.  I don't know how anyone can rest their hopes on Frank Alexander.   He is a suspension waiting to happen.

For the first time in forever, I'm not particularly worried about either line.  I'm more worried about depth at this point than anything else.

We have a dominant DE well rounded DE in Johnson.  Most teams can't even say that.  Add in Frank and Ealy to the other side along with Star, KK, Dwan and the rest that is some serious talent on that line.  

If only there was a position that could back up the linemen in case they allowed a gap...  They could call it Behind-Lineman or something like that maybe we could invest 3, 1st round picks to that position and stabilize the front 7 for years to come!

Archived