• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Texans Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

There's always going to be morons in any fanbase who say stupid crap... We have a few here at the Huddle. 

This game is going to a tough one, Watt could have a HOF game if we can't run the ball. Our receivers are pedestrian at best so look for them to load the box like the Jags did. Our defense should be fine, especially if Luke plays. Norman will get their #1 and should be fine. This game could come down to turnovers, ST play and coaching.

Not gonna lie I think Jacksonville is the better team than Houston.  The Jags are getting royally fuged with their schedule this year, are playing less than 8 true home games in Jacksonville and only two real home games in two months.  I'd say they'd have a better record than Houston this year if it wasn't for their fuged up schedule.  

On that note, any team starting a QB that was thrown out of Cleveland and actually thinks they can blow out a team, any team, deserves to be ridiculed.  

It is worth pointing out that the Jags didn't just stack the box. In the second half they were routinely throwing around double blitzes if not straight up crashes. We should see the same from Watt and company. They won't focus on limiting the run, they'll want to shut down the entire backfield before it starts.

We win this game on the OL in my mind.

It is worth pointing out that the Jags didn't just stack the box. In the second half they were routinely throwing around double blitzes if not straight up crashes. We should see the same from Watt and company. They won't focus on limiting the run, they'll want to shut down the entire backfield before it starts.

We win this game on the OL in my mind.

I posted this in another thread but might be more appropriate here, arguably I shouldn't have posted it all much less reposted but whatever:

With Olsen talking about the difficulty of blocking Watt and the team needing him down the field to make plays. What about the idea of utilizing Swole as a "spy" on Watt? Wherever Watt lines up...Swole lines up. If he lines up as a DT, Swole lines up as shallow back on that side. No matter what Watt is always doubled and Swole is a physical beast to somewhat lessen the physicality that Watt brings.

Sure it makes it 10 on 11 if you dedicate a blocker for watt right? But the defense is already at a disadvantage because of having to spy Cam. This simply makes it even ground. Plus the occasional time to have Swole actually engage and the swing out for the screen.

I probably shouldn't think out loud in the main forum huh?

Lets keep in mind we crushed a Jacksonville team in their house.  We are always better at home than away.  Houston last year was 4-4 on the road.  Of their 4 wins one was Oakland, Jacksonville was another, Tennessee was a third and Cleveland was the 4th.  They lost every game on the road against a winning team. They lost to the Cowboys, Pittsburgh, Indy and the Giants.( who didn't have a winning season).  They are not a good team anymore and their defense is overrated while the offense is largely nonexistent.

There's always going to be morons in any fanbase who say stupid crap... We have a few here at the Huddle. 

This game is going to a tough one, Watt could have a HOF game if we can't run the ball. Our receivers are pedestrian at best so look for them to load the box like the Jags did. Our defense should be fine, especially if Luke plays. Norman will get their #1 and should be fine. This game could come down to turnovers, ST play and coaching.

Jacksonville stacked the box because the strength of their defense is the secondary.  And even with that we left at 14 points on the board with drops and penalties.  Houston's secondary is not as good as ours right now and not as good as Jacksonville's watch our offense trow more effectively on Sunday.

Like when the Jax board was predicting they'd put 27 on us?  They got 9, barely missed it. 

I've been looking for a reason to post this, good for a laugh.

Blake Bortles sizzles in win over Panthers

Blake Bortles was far from perfect last season, but he showed fundamental progress in August and gives Jacksonville a big-bodied quarterback who looks the part. This won't be a game-by-game trend, but the Jaguars passer will take the Panthers to town in Week 1, throwing for three touchdowns and 300-plus yards. With tight end Julius Thomas out of the mix, look for second-year wideout Allen Robinson to come out of the opener with plenty of hype after scorching Carolina's secondary for 150-plus yards and two scores. Will it last for the Jaguars? No, but what a nice start. -- Marc Sessler