• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Titans Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

55 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Hey guys, just thought I'd join up and offer a Titan fan perspective (aside from the delusional ones in the OP). 

Our team is better than our record indicates IMO.  Whisenhunt is a terrible HC and was absolutely holding this team back with his absurd schemes and playcalling.  Mularkey is certainly no Belichick but based on what we saw last Sunday he at least seems willing to shape his gameplan according to his players strengths, which is a total 180 from Whisenhunt.  He made several minor, but very necessary adjustments and lineup changes. 

Overall though Carolina is clearly the better team, however I do think we match up pretty well with you guys.  Our defense is legit.  And don't sleep on Mariota.  He does struggle with the deep ball at times but defending him isn't as simple as taking away the slant as a poster above said.  We're finally utilizing his legs with bootlegs and designed runs.  That was something Whisenhunt really wasn't doing which was absolute insanity.  My biggest concern for us is the OL, which is average at absolute best, versus your front 7.  It could be a long day for Mariota if the OL can't handle the rush. 

This is easily one of our toughest tests of the season.  Yes, we've been destroyed by some bad teams but I think you do have to look at this as a somewhat different team with Whisenhunt gone and Mariota back and healthy.  I'm expecting the Titans to take the L in this one but I do believe we at least have a legitimate shot. 

I've been saying all season that people are sleeping on the Panthers.  And I'm definitely in the minority in my neck of the woods but I'm a Cam fan.  He's just fun as hell to watch.  Hoping for a Titans win on Sunday but I'm rooting for you guys to go the distance this year.  Tired of seeing the same old teams in the Super Bowl.

I think it is tricky how coaches handle these young mobile QBs.  I think Washington and the 49ers definitely did it the wrong way.  They went the easy way.  Which was good for the team initially but bad for the player.  Cam's raw rushing numbers might throw someone people off but Cam took his lumps big time.....they didn't allow Cam to be a one read and run passer which IMO is what Washington and San Fran did. 

I actually feel bad for Mariota.  Nothing against your team really.  Just the situation.  Is Ron a great coach?  Few would have said so 2 years in.  Debatable.  Some say good.  Some now even say very good. But what has been great for Cam is the consistent environment (Ron).  Ron has stated from day 1 that him and Cam were joined forces essentially.  Thankfully the franchise allowed both to grow together.

Hopefully Mariota gets a good coach that legitimately wants to build around him.  Kind of a bad start to have the guy who drafted you fired gets fired 5 games in.  Leaves the window for a Gruden type to come in that just wants the job and not really the QB style.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think it is tricky how coaches handle these young mobile QBs.  I think Washington and the 49ers definitely did it the wrong way.  They went the easy way.  Which was good for the team initially but bad for the player.  Cam's raw rushing numbers might throw someone people off but Cam took his lumps big time.....they didn't allow Cam to be a one read and run passer which IMO is what Washington and San Fran did. 

I actually feel bad for Mariota.  Nothing against your team really.  Just the situation.  Is Ron a great coach?  Few would have said so 2 years in.  Debatable.  Some say good.  Some now even say very good. But what has been great for Cam is the consistent environment (Ron).  Ron has stated from day 1 that him and Cam were joined forces essentially.  Thankfully the franchise allowed both to grow together.

Hopefully Mariota gets a good coach that legitimately wants to build around him.  Kind of a bad start to have the guy who drafted you fired gets fired 5 games in.  Leaves the window for a Gruden type to come in that just wants the job and not really the QB style.

Yeah I agree for the most part.  But Whisenhunt truly was an awful coach and the sooner we cut ties the better IMO.  3-20 in his tenure here and his playcalling and gameplanning was just atrocious.  It's one of those things where people don't really realize how bad a guy is unless they follow the team week in and week out.  When we were all celebrating the hire we had some Arizona fans try to tell us "Yo, this dude sucks" and of course we didn't want to hear it.  And from the other side, when the Rams hired Fisher we tried telling them "This dude is the most overrated coach in the game.  Enjoy .500".  They didn't believe it but 4 seasons into his tenure I bet they do now. 

So I do agree consistency is the key with these young QBs.  But if the HC you have isn't the guy then he's not the guy.  If you look at the QB's Whisenhunt has had success with in his system, Mariota ain't that.   That was a concern we all had as soon as we drafted Marcus.  But really the problems with Whisenhunt go way beyond the QB position and I will spare your forum the book I could write on that guy. 

5 hours ago, CRA said:

The outdated recycled junk about stopping Cam is always the funniest part.  "Oh, we will blitz him, we will hit him....he will get rattled and lose the game.  Cam gets frustrated".  Um, no.  Cam actually is at his best pressured.  One of the top QBs in the NFL the past 2 years vs pressure.  That ain't how you stop him, that plays into his strength at this stage of his career.   Cam has won 12 straight w/ people attempting the "fan blueprint".  That ain't a blueprint.  Same applies to the Olsen blueprint.  It ain't that simple.

the most obvious bad assumption is thinking that keeping Cam in the pocket is a bad thing. he isn't RW who gets out of the pocket asap

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I did notice today that Andrew Luck, with his injury, will now miss their game against the Falcunts.

They also missed Dallas with Romo.

Whereas we already beat Luck and Romo should be back for our Thanksgiving game.

Oh, make no mistake, ATL will lose to Hasselbeck.