• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do we need? Trade deadline talk.....

Toomers

With the trade deadline less than 3 weeks away, what(if any) position(s) do you feel need addressed? Or certain players that might be available you would like to see us make a play for. 

I would like to see a solid CB option added. And/or a Safety with range to play single high FS. An injury at CB could be a disaster. And that’s with Cap playing subpar as it is. Don’t need an All-Pro just a backup plan and depth. Someone like the player who was signed for that role in Cockrell. 

And neither Reid nor Adams is effective in space. And I don’t see Gaulden as that guy yet. 

I’d mention OT, but if there were any available at a reasonable price, we probably would have made a move before. And they are playing very well. 

15 minutes ago, Dunn said:

Would love a spark at DE...but not sure what would be out there thats worth trading for right now.  Someone that can disrupt the QB to help out our Defense which right now is struggling. 

In a madden-like world id suggest Clowney as he’s in the last year of his deal and the Texans aren’t going to be competing this season anyways but that’s a dream.

Also a corner to start opposite of Bradberry to move Jackson into the slot would be nice. 

23 minutes ago, Dunn said:

Would love a spark at DE...but not sure what would be out there thats worth trading for right now.  Someone that can disrupt the QB to help out our Defense which right now is struggling. 

Agreed. But any true upgrade would be expensive I’m sure. But I would love to hear some options. Also hoping JPep is just rounding into shape. 

This is where the “idea” of a pass-rushing EDGE option was solid. 10-15 snaps in passing situations with no responsibility but get the QB. Just draft a full-grown one instead of an undersized LB. 

Obada progressing would be a helpful “answer on the roster” moment. Just don’t know yet. 

Going to throw out a name. It's not likely but it's possible and especially given our trade history. 

Shaq Lawson. Beane didn't draft him and he hasn't lived up to his status. Wouldn't give up anything more than a 4th though. 

Archived