• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks looking to trade Frank Clark

Cheek

5 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Nope. We can get the same thing at a resonable price for the next 5 years if we use that pick on a DE in a few days. This is one of the best line drafts in years. We have to be smart with our cap going forward with cams contract coming up

I wouldn't be so quick to say we will get someone of his caliber at 16. It is possible but the more likely scenario is the we end up getting a lower ceiling player(Ferrell) or one of the higher bust potential guys. Clark is a fairly safe bet and a proven commodity. Anyone available at 16 is not going to be that. I would wager the bulk of these first round DE's are not as productive as Clark as been over his rookie deal. So, I have to disagree about the "We can get the same thing..." portion of your post. 

The price, both in draft capital and contract value, is likely to be much steeper than would be prudent to pay.

19 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

14 sacks and 4 forced fumbles and only 25 years old? Yeah, that's going to cost us...but I would consider it. 

There is a reason the seahags have him on the market.  The beauty of it is that with those numbers you don't even have to know why.  You just walk away.  

9 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

There is a reason the seahags have him on the market.  The beauty of it is that with those numbers you don't even have to know why.  You just walk away.

I mean.  I guess I just don't get this.  When Mack was traded, were their rumblings about "there is a reason the Raiders have him on the market"?

2 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I mean.  I guess I just don't get this.  When Mack was traded, were their rumblings about "there is a reason the Raiders have him on the market"?

Because the Raiders are a full on dumpster fire. They dont want to spend the money and they usually have high picks so they just keep on being a train wreck. What Gruden has done to that team is awful but then again Al Davis had some awful years.

Tempting. But will he preform after a payday? Panthers seem to be unable to tell as of late. Any elite de is going to cost and would I give a first for him? Probably so. The contract and what he’ll do afterwards is the issue. This franchise can not afford another KK scenario. 

47 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Since I don't get comparing Mack to Clark situations there is not much to add to that.   

Teams could not believe Gruden would allow Mack to hit the market.

Seattle is looking for a team to bail them out.  Clark hasn't signed his tender, they have limited picks, they just tied up a ton of cap money.  Clark is a talent that should not have slipped on draft day.  Kudo's to Clark for balling out but giving him top contract $$ and parting with #1 picks or even more will save the seahags ass.  Hoping that if he is traded the teams low ball seattle and call their bluff.  

46 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Since I don't get comparing Mack to Clark situations there is not much to add to that.   

Teams could not believe Gruden would allow Mack to hit the market.

Seattle is looking for a team to bail them out.  Clark hasn't signed his tender, they have limited picks, they just tied up a ton of cap money.  Clark is a talent that should not have slipped on draft day.  Kudo's to Clark for balling out but giving him top contract $$ and parting with #1 picks or even more will save the seahags ass.  Hoping that if he is traded the teams low ball seattle and call their bluff.  

I do not want to "save the seahags ass"  Nothing would please me more than seeing them crash and burn after giving Wilson that huge contract.  

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Now why would they want to trade a young guy at the top of his game right before the draft instead of a month ago when things were hot and heavy out there?

They think he's good but not good enough for them to pay him the money that Demarcus Lawrence just got.

Plus he hasn't signed his$17 million franchise tag yet and the seahawks have been down that road before. 

Archived