• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any “ The Athletic “subscribers?

panther4life

10 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Jourdan Rodrigue just announced she joined the team. Looks like it’s $48 per year to join. So much free content out there, not sure if it’s worth the money. 

Does anyone on here subscribe? Any thoughts on it?

I DO NOT and I don't particularly see any reason to. I don't believe they provide exclusives that would warrant the subscription, based on how much access to the team is available for free. 

It’s a solid rotation of long-form reporting. If you’re into that sort of thing, it’s probably worth the investment. If you’re not, then it’s not.

It’s a dying breed, folks who will actually sit down and read that brand of reporting. That’s sad. Sign of the times. The vast majority of today’s sports fans are exclusively drinking a spewing stream of sewage from a firehose on Twitter. 

They would have to go out and get ppl like brett kollman and gil brandt and devote a lot of resources to expert analysis video content for me to make that plunge. Hell, even long form articles dissecting X’s and O’s would be enough. I just dont care enough to read about what cam had for dinner. I want analytics.

Archived