• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Calm down, It was just the Cardinals"

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, rico6 said:

As of today the Cards are the 32nd ranked defense. Yesterday was fuging epic, but I highly, highly doubt this Card team amounts to poo this season. I’m just enjoying the ride and keeping expectations low this season.

But we also kept there offense under 21 with Murray running everywhere.

27 minutes ago, t96 said:

Not quite the same score but it reminded me a bit of the ass whooping we put on the Giants back in 2013 and this D has looked very similar (elite front 7 coming into form?) to that year.

Continuing with the 2013 comparison we lost to a bad team (Buffalo) in week 2 much like Tampa this year. Both games came down to the final play.

To go one further we lost our home opener to a NFC west opponent that year as well. We easily could’ve have been 3-0 much like this year

I just saw a team that wasnt trying to go 0-3 and just happened to play the team that picked first in the draft. You should know its the same old song and dance with this team every year. They hate consistency, if they can replicate this next week then we may have something. Thats how i look at it, we just dodged having our season ended earlier yesterday but did it in a great Performance.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, it was. It's encouraging, though.

The one thing I really really don't want to see is us back in this persona where we can beat bad teams but lose to good ones.

I've already seen that movie way too many times.

Well, it sure beats the hell out of getting beat by bad teams and good teams.

25 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Who cares if they picked first. They lost by 6 and tied two teams that are 4-1-1 with the loss being by 5 at KC and wins over SD and Philly. Based on the first two weeks, they are certainly better than the bottom tier and honestly, they beat us with Weeks 1/2 Cam.

Like i said...do it again next week....Simple. This coaching staff can show they can get this team ready to play week to week and not come out flat off a good game. It will answer some questions Because most importantly....there will be no CAM CARD to pull for failure.

37 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Certainly the end result is all that matters, but the reality is the Panther D was nothing short of horrible and had no answers through the first half yesterday. Given the fact this is a team which does not make halftime adjustments, anyone who knows anything about the Panthers should have been concerned going into the second half.

The Arizona running game was going between the tackles at 6 yards per carry in the first half. Thankfully, a couple scores didn't afford them the opportunity to continue gashing the middle of the field. They had to throw the ball or let KM make some backyard football play up. The front 4 finally started getting home and the back end played pretty lights out in the 2nd half.

That first half D, though....

Yeah it took them a little bit to settle into the Air Raid, but they did and they played well. That's why they play four quarters. You really think holding them to 10 points in the first half is "nothing short of horrible"? 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Ok, I avoided posting for a week and a half after the awful loss and may go silent again, but it’s hard to hold my tongue in some of these threads with such idiotic comments. Also, no, I do not think that my posting has any bearing on the actual happenings in an NFL game. I’m not Moses and my posting now will not break some streak.

The Cardinals are a better team than people think. They tied the Lions who beat San Diego and Philly. They lost by 6 at Baltimore a team that lost by 5 to KC in KC. So before our shellacking the Cardinals were hanging with teams who beat or lost close to some playoff or Super Bowl favorites.

It was a good win against a team who’s better than a lot of people think. The only thing that pisses me off more is thinking that Cam shouldn’t have played week 1 and that he should have been pulled after re-aggravating the foot and clearly looking awful. Allen that we saw yesterday hits enough passes in both games to get us to 3-0.

I just saw you made this post before I started a thread on it. My bad. But it's good to see I'm not the only one that came to this conclusion.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

True.

But good teams thump bad teams, even on the road. The Panthers thumped the Cardinals good yesterday. It wasn't a nail biter.

That there was a solid victory all around. Gives me hope.

But man Rivera sure wanted it to be. Starting getting conservative at the end of the third quarter up 8 points. Then opened the 4th and continued attacking downfield that quarter I wonder if Norv told Ron to stop.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Ok, I avoided posting for a week and a half after the awful loss and may go silent again, but it’s hard to hold my tongue in some of these threads with such idiotic comments. Also, no, I do not think that my posting has any bearing on the actual happenings in an NFL game. I’m not Moses and my posting now will not break some streak.

The Cardinals are a better team than people think. They tied the Lions who beat San Diego and Philly. They lost by 6 at Baltimore a team that lost by 5 to KC in KC. So before our shellacking the Cardinals were hanging with teams who beat or lost close to some playoff or Super Bowl favorites.

It was a good win against a team who’s better than a lot of people think. The only thing that pisses me off more is thinking that Cam shouldn’t have played week 1 and that he should have been pulled after re-aggravating the foot and clearly looking awful. Allen that we saw yesterday hits enough passes in both games to get us to 3-0.

They might have the worst defense in the league. They had the number one pick. The cardinals are a very bad football team 

Archived