• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s coming next

bigdog10

I just want to take the time and warn you guys of what is coming in the next couple weeks. You actually saw a little bit of it today. 

This team is going to rally to win at least 3 of the 5 remaining games (most likely Washington, Atlanta, and against a rested New Orleans team). It honestly wouldn’t shock me to see them take down Seattle as well with some fluke luck and due to them having to travel east for a 1:00 game). 

Thie will create some murmurs in the fan base about how this is evidence that John Fox (err, Ron Rivera) is a good coach who had a team still fighting when everything was lost and how he rallied the squad to overcome numerous injuries.   Some of these people will argue that if we had a healthy Cam Newton, we’d be a playoff team and that this roster is talented enough to run it back one more year. 

Some guys are going to make some plays (like Bruce Irvin, Tre Boston, and hell, Donte Moncrief will probably catch a crucial td pass late in a game) and these same idiots are going to praise Hurney for his ability to bring in top talent. 

Our draft pick placement is going to plummet from 10-12 to 19-21 all in the name of momentum for next year. 

Im begging you guys, don’t fall for this. Take this from those of us who have sat through this same movie since 2006 (sans a few seasons). 

10 minutes ago, ickmule said:

In still in the Rivera will be here in 2020 train.  Bet On it.  

Unfortunately, I think so too. Until Tepper actually makes some moves, I will remain skeptical. I thought 2017 would be it for them after losing to the Saints 3 times. Then I thought last year for sure would be the final straw after that meltdown, and yet here we are yet again.

I'm curious how Tepper's desire for a new stadium may play a factor in our coaching situation.  Would a coaching change and a potential couple of down years to rebuild sour the locals and their desire to help finance a new stadium?  May be hard to put your hand out when the team may be going through rebuilding. 

47 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

We haven't beaten NO in a real game since 2016, and haven't beaten the Falcons at all since 2017.

My college team's coach beats all the Little Sisters, but constantly loses to our traditional rivals.  Keep in mind, this is COLLEGE ball. And then, at the end of the year, the losers in my team's fan-base point out to his winning record!  8-4!  AWESOME!  (Though we lose to the primary teams for whom we have traditional rivalries on a regular basis... but 8-4!  YAY!)

I am being punched in the head from both sides (college and NFL) the last few years.

Archived