• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Best Panthers Coach All Time?

CanadianCat

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Look at Rivera and what he’s done compared to the others and it’s pretty clear he’s the best...

but when Ron Rivera is the best coach in your team’s history what does that really say?

What does it say?

Chances are, with a decent GM,  in a few years we'll likely be calling the next Panthers head coach the best ever.

People act like Rivera has always been pure mediocrity and like he wasn't a really good HC at one point, top 10 HC from 2011-2015, yes he overstayed his welcome, but how much is that on our team being too inept to let go of the guy? Don't hate the player, hate the game. He should've been gone after 2018.  Rivera's commitment to Mike Shula's bum ass is ultimately what sunk his ship in the end.  But still, don't sit here and poo on Ron like he's entirely to blame, he's not, the guy won 2 of 3 HC of the year awards, and we owned the NFC South in his earlier tenure. We weren't nearly as bad against Atlanta, either, I recall in 2014 with the division on the line when we went into the Georgia Dome and won 34-3. You gonna blame Ron for 2014? When our entire Oline retired and we had two fuging defensive tackles playing offensive tackle, and the same year that his house burned down and Cam got into a car crash? And despite that we still made the playoffs, even if our division was garbage. 2016, where our QB was being headhunted relentlessly and the NFL wouldn't do poo? 2017, where we got jobbed by the refs against the Saints, and despite that had a chance to win with Cam throwing to practice squad WRs. The only time that any of Ron's losing season's have genuinely been on Ron is last year. Guy's a good coach, looking at raw numbers and spewing the same tired 3 Winning Records in 9 Seasons! narrative is disingenuous and ignorant, and chooses to ignore the full picture.

12 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Rivera has been hands off on the offense, so if you want to lay blame, it’s Rivera’s fault for not making Shula do something Different.

but with that said it worked for us all season including two dominating performances in the Playoffs, kinda if it’s not broke don’t fix it. I can’t say I blame them there.

my issue with Fox was him trying to get cute going for two instead of just kicking the extra point. People forget about that. But if we just kick extra points Patriots are playing for the tie not the win. Totally different game. That’s on Fox 100%.

the Cardinals debacle and playing Jake when it was clear he shouldn’t of been starting is also 100% on Fox.

I for the record never did blame Jake for his poor for performance late in his career here. The fact that he was even playing was all on the coaching staff.

and I may get some heat for this, but the biggest reason we lost the Super Bowl in my opinion was because cam wasn’t 100% into the game. If you listen to his comments and remarks before the game he was too interested in becoming a superstar it was saying a lot of crazy stuff leading into the game that made you believe his head really wasn’t in it or where it should’ve been leading into a game of that magnitude. Don’t get me wrong I love me some cam and I fully realize we are never even sniffing that season or Super Bowl without him but to say he is blameless in the loss is far from reality either.

I lost a lot for him, in those two weeks. I felt like he was way to loose with his talk, sounded to me like he thought he just had to show up, leading up to that game. I can't think of specific comments, just remember it as a general thing I came away with leading up to that game.  Wishing he would show more respect and don't wake anyone up. (we were by far the better team, I thought and still think, that one really hurt, should have been our game.).

And while I wasn't up in arms over him making a business decision on that loose ball at his feet, that day, every time I see it he looks more guilty.

Archived