• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We don't know who we are drafting yet?

steven8989

Gut is telling me that it is Jeff Okudah though they're seriously eyeing Derrick Brown & Javon Kinlaw.

I think that Isaiah Simmons would be a great fit, but I'm not sure if he'd have the same immediate impact as the other three. I think that Okudah best fits the mold of the player Matt Rhule is looking for while also addressing a position of need.

I'm most confused by who we target on day two. There are so many different directions the team can go based off of what we are seeing.

31 minutes ago, MMA said:

It’s either Tua or Herbert. I’ll go ahead and say that it’s Herbert. Marty will come out and say after the draft that Hebert was the top QB on their board. 

That's what I am thinking as well... It's always a questionable pick because it's not a need but he always goes BPA.... I am calling Herbert

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

That’s ridiculous and I’m not backing him up. All the pre-draft threads the past two years had DJ and Burns as our consensus picks. Grier was absolutely assumed to be our pick as well. Miller’s only pre-draft visit was with us. Also, Little was @Verge’s call as the guy we were going to pick if Burns was gone. He wasn’t a consensus pick but I think that was more of a most of us were hoping it wouldn’t happen because we didn’t like him.

Marty has 100% telegraphed 5 guys the past two drafts. Saying that you didn’t know doesn’t mean it wasn’t obvious to the folks who love following the draft stuff.

This year it’s definitely tougher because of the lack of visits. I think we’ve got the Simmons, Brown and Okudah trio as our potential picks but it wouldn’t shock me if 2 of the 3 are already gone so I think our pick will be partially made for us.

50 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I agree w Steven here. We knew all these were coming. The media even made it clear, heck Verge said we were 100 percent drafting Burns if he fell and tryna trade up in the first for Little, he got the rounds wrong, but that's it. Also Hurney had a RD1 grade on Grier and said he was better than Kyler Murray. Hurney is so easy to predict. 

Huddlers and the Media prediction is different than Hurney blabbing it all over the NFL

Nobody knows this year because there is too much talent in the first 7 and a good chance of trades.

3 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

From the sounds coming from Jourdan Rodrigue, Kinlaw checks more of Rhules boxes than Brown but we'll see. 

Crazy looking at your avatar since I was watching my 600 lb life last night lmao 

Her tone when discussing it makes me believe that's just her interpretation of what she thinks Rhule/Snow want at DT, and not based on any inside information or indication from someone associated with the team.   

In most years, national and local reporters make educated guesses based on information they gather through networking inside the building and/or through established relationships with people in the organization. However, even that is often disinformation or the intel is fluid and not locked in, so can, and often does, change. And with the decision makers being almost all (with one exception) new to the team and area, none of the local folks have any pre-existing relationship to rely on for inside info.  So, much of what they are "reporting" is just their own opinions and complete guesswork, along with some deep diving over-analysis on every public statement anyone associated with the teams makes.

To be clear, I'm not knocking them, just saying they can only work with what they have, and that's not a lot right now.

5 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Does anybody else think it's weird that we don't know who we are drafting yet. We always know usually by now because Marty has told the whole NFL. Maybe he is finally not making the picks? Sure hope he is on the way out.

you literally has no idea who is going to fall to you so you can't rest your laurels. that's why there's a board and that's why you're not a GM.

2 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Huddlers and the Media prediction is different than Hurney blabbing it all over the NFL

Nobody knows this year because there is too much talent in the first 7 and a good chance of trades.

Many of the picks the past two years were well known enough that other NFL teams had to know as well. This wasn’t guesses. Our connected guys were saying here’s who our pick will be. I’m sure other teams have their loves well known too, maybe not as much. Problem is we reach for them and waste picks. I thank the lucky stars that Burns made it to us. Had Little been our first round pick, this place would have gone ballistic. I still wouldn’t have liked the pick if we didn’t trade up. It would have been nice to have pick 77, but you just know he would have taken Grier at 77 and some hybrid unathletic safety at 100. 

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Everyone knew we were taking Grier at 100 last year a month before the draft. 

No I thought and hoped he would go earlier then that like he was projected to.. But I don't think anybody knows poo on April 5th..

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

That’s ridiculous and I’m not backing him up. All the pre-draft threads the past two years had DJ and Burns as our consensus picks. Grier was absolutely assumed to be our pick as well. Miller’s only pre-draft visit was with us. Also, Little was @Verge’s call as the guy we were going to pick if Burns was gone. He wasn’t a consensus pick but I think that was more of a most of us were hoping it wouldn’t happen because we didn’t like him.

Marty has 100% telegraphed 5 guys the past two drafts. Saying that you didn’t know doesn’t mean it wasn’t obvious to the folks who love following the draft stuff.

This year it’s definitely tougher because of the lack of visits. I think we’ve got the Simmons, Brown and Okudah trio as our potential picks but it wouldn’t shock me if 2 of the 3 are already gone so I think our pick will be partially made for us.

This is dumb.. The consensus pick is still a guess until you know how the draft plays out.  It's April 5th who knows what's going to happen.. All we're doing is guessing nobody knows poo..

32 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

This is dumb.. The consensus pick is still a guess until you know how the draft plays out.  It's April 5th who knows what's going to happen.. All we're doing is guessing nobody knows poo..

Looking for my posts now? It’s a fact that we all knew in here who our favorites were in the 1st with Moore, CMC and Burns and last year with Little, Grier and to a lesser degree Miller. This year will be tougher because there are no visits or workouts and many pro days were cancelled. That’s doesn’t negate the fact that Marty has absolutely telegraphed many of his early picks.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Looking for my posts now? It’s a fact that we all knew in here who our favorites were in the 1st with Moore, CMC and Burns and last year with Little, Grier and to a lesser degree Miller. This year will be tougher because there are no visits or workouts and many pro days were cancelled. That’s doesn’t negate the fact that Marty has absolutely telegraphed many of his early picks.

Always finding stupid poo in your post maybe....hmmmmmmmmmmm.   

It's not a fact..Verge said they liked certain players he never said he knew they were going to get those players..... Just because we think the team likes a player doesn't mean a team will get that player.. There are other teams who draft to Genius and some like the same players... Please stop acting like you knew who the team was going to draft.. Or put some money on it?? 

This discussion board is amazing.

Slamming a poster for claiming that the consensus on this board (aswell as among NFL experts) ahead of the drafts was that our picks would be DJ Moore and Burns. 

I wasn't registered back then but yeah, that we were gonna pick them if available was no secret to anyone. But hey, some of you couldn't even shut up about Cam and the Steelers game for no apparent reason. Can't remember everything. 

And the criticism is basically, "oh, you can't predict the future, so no one really knew". 

I really enjoy this board so much. I mean it! I follow the NFL for entertainment and you guys dont let me down at all. Love it.

Me: I am going to the nearest store later today. 

Huddle 2020: no, you cannot know that. Maybe the store will be attacked by purple aliens and will be closed. 

Me: then obviously I won't... I'll keep y'all updated just to be sure.

Archived