• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's time to start giving Teddy Bridgewater the respect he deserves"

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

So first you said "None" . . . now you want to know about SB winners?  Make up your mind.

Well, for sure Elway and Favre have rings.  Edit: Stabler has a ring too.

In addition to the ones I already named, here are some big arm QB's with rings:  Bradshaw, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien.

Falco, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Mahomes 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He had lost 4 fumbles at this point. Teddy has 3 INTs, so the overall turnover count at this point is very comparable.

*Oh wait, it's actually identical. Teddy has lost a fumble too. 4 turnovers apiece through their first five games.

I was being sarcastic about the turnovers.

but if you’re saying Kyle Allen is as good as Teddy, you must not be watching any games this year.  

TB is playing better than expected for the last three games. Still have many games to go before I would feel comfortable calling him a franchise QB. I will reserve judgement until when we play teams that are better suited to provide context to his ability rather than the sub-par opponents we have played over the past few weeks.

6 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

He has not had many really deep throws for sure. However the zip he has on the intermediate throws has been perfectly impressive.

The “proper” amount of “zip” is the key consideration.  

Teddy has all the “zip” needed to make ALL the throws...AND...he knows how to dole out “zip” as is called for in every specific situation. 

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

So first you said "None" . . . now you want to know about SB winners?  Make up your mind.

In addition to the ones I already named, here are some big arm QB's with rings:  Bradshaw, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien.

Ancient history. 

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

Most of those guys are gunslinger types.

I think that's a fairly common style for big armed QBs 

Archived