• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All of you were right about Cam

AceBoogie

15 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Cam is a BMW. Baller to drive when everything's working but an expensive hassle to fix.

Hes more like a corvette.  He does a few things really well but not as composed and balanced as say a m3 or sl65 amg which do everything well.  

On 11/3/2020 at 8:57 AM, raz said:

well they're 24 million under the cap and he's been drafting like crap.  i'm not talking about him as a coach at all.

They only have cap space because they have the most players on the COVID 19 opt out list. Their salary is simply being pushed to next year. What I said doesn't change. 

He's always drafted like crap and they're still in a shitty cap situation. That's what he said. I don't get how you inferred it as "dissing" the team.  

Most people knew the Pats would be bad once players started opting out. poo, I was hoping to see Marcus Cannon protecting Cam but Cannon opted out. Whiny Pats homers are being why Pats homers. Belichick was basically telling them to STFU. 

18 hours ago, t96 said:

Who's the Prius of the NFL right now? Kirk Cousins maybe? Teddy is the Toyota Camry. Not bad at all but not ideal.

Don't call Teddy a Camry. The calling card of a Toyota is stone cold reliability. Teddy has been flat out bad in clutch situations, no way to sugarcoat it. 

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't call Teddy a Camry. The calling card of a Toyota is stone cold reliability. Teddy has been flat out bad in clutch situations, no way to sugarcoat it. 

Stone cold reliability on the easy roads. When the road gets rough (clutch time) or when your path goes off road (comeback) you need a truck not a Camry. I’ll stand by my statement.

2 hours ago, Chimera said:

They only have cap space because they have the most players on the COVID 19 opt out list. Their salary is simply being pushed to next year. What I said doesn't change. 

He's always drafted like crap and they're still in a shitty cap situation. That's what he said. I don't get how you inferred it as "dissing" the team.  

Most people knew the Pats would be bad once players started opting out. poo, I was hoping to see Marcus Cannon protecting Cam but Cannon opted out. Whiny Pats homers are being why Pats homers. Belichick was basically telling them to STFU. 

no he hasn't always drafted terrible. thats one of the stupidest things ive ever seen claimed.    theyre 24 million under the cap.  he's in cya mode. brady got out because he knew what was happening.  now bill looks like tom carried his ass and he's upset.    that's what is happening.

22 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Cam is a BMW. Baller to drive when everything's working but an expensive hassle to fix.

I can go with that.  Maybe a E46 M3 or at least a 330.  When it works right its great, but now the best ones are 15 years old and broke half the time if lucky.  And you have to fix the vanos, subframe, vacuum hoses, cooling system, the disa system, rod bearings and thats just the BMW stuff thats not even the old car stuff you have to fix on all cars. 

Sometimes it's just not worth the effort.

1 hour ago, (ATL'ien) said:

Tom Brady lost to the Dolphins at the end of last season. The Cam Newton led Pats beat Miami ..

Last Sunday, every WR Cam had was an UDFA, while Allen had Diggs - the game should not have even been close, but it was because of how good Cam is.

That's a massive stretch. Pats D shut down the Bills offense, and despite the pre-season hype the Bills defense has not been good this season, especially in recent weeks. Cam put up 1 TD and the fumble. He wasn't nearly as bad that game as the games before it, but he was not really that good and certainly wasn't the reason they were in the game at the end.

6 hours ago, (ATL'ien) said:

Buffalo almost had 200 yards rushing.

But, look at Cam's receivers and TE for that game - its a miracle NE mustered up 21 points. Only Cam gets more than 7 points with those trash receivers. All UDFA.

NE WR corps is worse than some college teams. 

Well they traded for Isaiah Ford to help.  Cam has history with Ginn who was released.  If I were NE.  I'd pick him up at least Ginn is better than D. Byrd. 

Archived