• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All of you were right about Cam

AceBoogie

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Cam is a tough call.  His two bad performances are also his two games after coming off COVID 

and most importantly, the NE Patriot roster outside of the secondary is a joke.   

Yes. Some stars opted out because of covid and others out with injury.   Cupboard pretty bare there but when he had makes me throws he couldn’t make them ...sadly 

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yes. Some stars opted out because of covid and others out with injury.   Cupboard pretty bare there but when he had makes me throws he couldn’t make them ...sadly 

no doubt.  Last week, he should of hit the guy on 4th down at the end.  Pressure or not, Cam has to make those.  Guy was open w/ the game on the line. 

9 minutes ago, NAS said:

So all previous Cam threads praising him were moved out of this subforum because he was no longer a Panther, but this one proclaiming his career dead  are somehow considered relevant? 

Have you read the thread? It's pages of people claiming Cam to be a generational talent that was wasted by his coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Everything changed with Newton, how he was played, how he managed himself and who he became after Dec. 4, 2016.

if we're looking for one date, i would say it was earlier in the year. Week 1 against Denver. 

because that was when the NFL displayed for the world to see they were going to let defenses murder cam and never throw a flag. 

13 hours ago, top dawg said:

No problem! Nothing literally life threatening as much as maybe life changing for a young family member. We'll see. 

But football-wise, I was able to see Cam against the Seahawks, and he really didn't look that bad. Of course I probably didn't pay as close attention to his actual passes that I could have, but he looked to be a serviceable passer with outstanding legs still. Maybe I just saw what I wanted to. I think people should maybe ask themselves that about Cam's last couple of years in Charlotte.

He looked like 2015 Cam in the Seattle game. Yesterday, he looked like the Cam from the Tampa game in 2019. Something seems to have happened between those two games.

Cam has no confidence throwing right. 

Last two weeks passing charts . Clearly he is not wanting to throw right. 

pass-chart_NEW693984_2020-REG-6_1603054558523.jpeg

pass-chart_NEW693984_2020-REG-7_1603668650437.jpeg

So I went back and watched, maybe they just shut down the right side of the field two weeks in a row? Possible. But highly unlikely.

cam_(1).gif

cam1.gif

cam3.gif

Looks to me like teams are now less worried about the right side and giving them to him. He isn't throwing it. 

10 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

No offense but I somewhat call bullshit. What proof do you have that Cam isn't "cerebral"? Patrick Mahomes himself admitted he couldn't read a defense until last year. If Cam Newton was such a numbskull why wasn't Luke Keuchly destroying him every day in practice?

Not accusing you of malice but this is an ignorant, if not borderline racist take that has followed Cam his entire career. Colin Cowherd comes to mind. Cam can make audibles, Cam can read a defense. No one ever accused Jake Delhomme of being anti cerebral after his franchise destroying 6 INT game. Or his failure in 2009 after safety blanket Steve Smith finally got covered. 

Cam Newton played his entire career in a high risk high reward offense that relied on him to be the spark for the running game. We played in constant 3rd and longs, bailed out by Greg Olsen or Ted Ginn or a Cam Newton highlight play. His numbers reflected that

All the sudden we get CMC and Norv Turner and Cam's completion percentage goes up and his stats look great. So how much of being cerebral is having the easy plays available to you  versus having to constantly carry the offense?

Cam's a unique player because in his peak form he is a jack knife player. Sometimes in his career the dump off pass, the short throw to an unreliable target(Funchess, Naanee, etc) wasn't the smart move. Why would Cam throw to a crap WR when he knew he could run for the first down?  

Cam Newton was a championship caliber player. We would have won the SB if the NFL didn't didn't guarantee Peyton's retirement trophy. He's been the most unfairly hated on player for simply being unabashedly black and confident at the biggest leadership position in sports. He might be damaged goods now but he was absolutely the real deal and the Panthers failed him.

Why are you bringing race into this?

Sad to see but I agree it does look like he's shot. I feel like this was around the point of the season he'd start falling apart on us. Hate it for him because you can still see flashes of prime Cam, but the hill has just gotten too steep.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Of all the possible criticisms if Cam, I've never heard anyone try to argue laziness.

This has been implied heavily for years with all of the talk of him being a poor decision maker and relying on his athleticism over his brain.

Archived