• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

20+ yards air completions

Jeremy Igo

Teddy is OK, but I really don't think he's the long term answer. 

Teddy is:

• 2nd in Comp%
  • 25th in TD%
  • 15th in INT%
  • 7th in 1st Dwns thrown
  • 15th in Adjusted Yards/Att
  • 23rd in Yards/completion
  • 14th in Net yards/Att
  • 16th in Adjusted Net Yards/Att

Teddy is accurate but he is also very conservative with the ball. All in all, I'd say he's playing as a middle of the road QB. We can do worse, sure, but we could also do better and if a franchise QB is available whenever we pick in the draft next year, I think it would behoove us to jump on it. 

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

We get to the playoffs, championship game, SB . . . whatever . . . with a talented team . . . comes down to the end of the game and you need a drive to win it.  Is TB5 your guy?  I dunno man, that situation scares me.

Haven't we already seen a few times this season how that plays out?

25 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Teddy is OK, but I really don't think he's the long term answer. 

Teddy is:

• 2nd in Comp%
  • 25th in TD%
  • 15th in INT%
  • 7th in 1st Dwns thrown
  • 15th in Adjusted Yards/Att
  • 23rd in Yards/completion
  • 14th in Net yards/Att
  • 16th in Adjusted Net Yards/Att

Teddy is accurate but he is also very conservative with the ball. All in all, I'd say he's playing as a middle of the road QB. We can do worse, sure, but we could also do better and if a franchise QB is available whenever we pick in the draft next year, I think it would behoove us to jump on it. 

Yep. There's a lot of good about Teddy and some mighty good, too. Right now he is producing about middle of the road, and while we have been competitive in almost all of our games, it hasn't translated to wins yet. Do we move on? Maybe, maybe not.

On the maybe side, if one of the big name prospect QBs falls to our spot in the draft, I think you'd have to pull the trigger and put that guy on the bench to learn from Teddy for a year, maybe less. Maybe a younger arm with a good pedigree can make the difference. Then again, what might be the downfall for that prospect might also be what is keeping Teddy at the middle of the pack.

Our o-line is fair to poor with little depth. The center of the line just isn't very good, and our left tackle situation hinges on an injury-prone and moderately motivated first stringer and a second/third stringer that shows some promise and some deficiencies (Okung/Daley). We also don't really have a TE to speak of. 

We do have a good running back group and our receivers are better than advertised. 

This is all balanced out by a defense that, for all of the close games, really isn't that good at one factor: getting the other team off the field without scoring. We flat out suck at it. We've seen what, two punts total in two games now? No QB is ever really great if they are constantly in shoot-out mode and they have a deficiency in opportunities (not to mention field position... right now just about every series starts for Teddy with 75 yards of field ahead of him).

Yeah, a new QB might light things on fire and solve the problems. Or maybe we solve the problems for our QB and see how he performs. We can get more mileage out of the second approach, in my opinion.

Archived