• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what are the positives from the Panthers 2020 season?

Jeremy Igo

Offense: 

1. Offensive line has been scrapped together with random vets and should not have been as good as it has been (not that it's been great) -- this is a testament to both Brady's system and also the OL coaching. I view this as a very big positive. Reminds me a bit of the Pats OL all those years under Scarnecchia...

2. WR core. This is definitely the best group of WRs this team has ever seen, and I would even argue we have the best group of 3 WRs in the entire league. An elite QB would have an absolute field day with these guys.

Defense:

1. Near elite play from breakout players in Burns and Chinn

2. Development of young players in Brown, YGM, Pride, Carter, etc.

3. Phil Snow has been a bit of a revelation. 18th in the league in both points allowed and yards allowed on defense this year, with by far the most snaps by rookies and frankly a pretty damn bad overall defense on paper. Extremely impressed by the defense this year. I was fully expecting a bottom 3 defense. 

1) We had a good draft, based on the play and/or progress shown by more than one of them.

2) Somehow, this overmatched team was competitive in nearly every game.  Eventually those near misses will start turning into wins.  That is a credit to the coaching staff and the players that bought into them.

3) We are much younger

4) We did this thing called game planning for an opponent and sometimes even did something called making adjustments

5) We unloaded a lot of dead cap and dead weight in the process

6) Hurney is finally not in a position to do any damage with his contracts or hidden gems.

Archived